Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How did you invite/get invited on Amazon Prime?

My step-son is in college and signed up for Amazon Prime, I had told him about it. He said he would be glad to invite me (us). He just emailed and said it says we have to have the same mailing address.

Is this true?

Would he just have to add our address as one of his mailing addresses?

I had a free 3 month trial that expired yesterday. I am already feeling withdrawal, lol. I was so sure this would work out between DSS and I.

I remember seeing on the thread about it on slickdeals people begging for invites, so if you have a different address it can be done.

Do I need to add his address as one of mine?

If this is something that should be PM'd to me about, thats fine . I know people have invited family who lived in different locations, I just didn't know how.

Thanks to anyone!!
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

My cousin who is in college signed up and invited me. We have different addresses, and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I don't know how she did it, tho', so I can't help you there.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks!

This is what his email said:

I did some research and it seems that I can only invite someone who shares the same address as me. If it is shipped to a different address then there is a charge for shipping. I may be wrong but that is just a complaint I read about it.
    I don't know what 'research' he did or what 'complaint' he is talking about, I think he's worried about doing something 'wrong' and loosing his Prime . He doesn't like to break any rules and get in trouble, he's BTDT, LOL.
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

not sure if there's a separate "college" Prime, but I simply went to manage my prime and invited family members...just go under "manage my prime account" and there's a space to invite others. You need to know their birthday, and vice versa

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My nanny joined and invited me. It says same household, but there is not charge for alternate addresses, what if you were sending a gift...and trust me, I have already tested the theory many many times...

He probably just saw the same household and is afraid of breaking the rules...which is understandable, but Amazon has to know this is happening...
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

onyx8 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I have been on the same Amazon Prime account for 2+ years with 2 other family members - none of us live at the same address. We have had no issues and use Prime shipping A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by onyx8 View Post
    I have been on the same Amazon Prime account for 2+ years with 2 other family members - none of us live at the same address. We have had no issues and use Prime shipping A LOT.
    Same situation here and have had no problems either. We all LOVE it!

Nope, I share prime with several relatives. We live in totally different states. Makes it super cheap and well worth it.

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by onyx8 View Post

My brother invited me and his wife's sister and we haven't had any issues. When I signed up, I clicked the link in the email I got, it asked me to sign in and enter his birthdate, and then said my Prime was active. It was a piece of cake.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Seriously, you can be on someone else's Prime account? Wow! My MIL has Prime - I should ask her to add me on. Will it cost her more, or let her know what I'm buying, or anything else? In other words, are there any strings attached? And no, we definitely don't share the same address.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast