AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Question airline travel w/2 kids, and do you do special treats?

Tips for a seasoned flier (I consider myself a pro as I have been flying for all 33 yrs. of my life) flying with 2 kids? Me, and the girls, as well as my sister are going home to Sacramento this Thursday. It is an hour and a half flight. I was thinking of getting something special for DD1 to take on the plane with her. DD1 has been flying at least once a year (most years it's been 2 or 3, but this year we haven't been at all) since she was 2 mos. old and she is very good on planes. She sits in the seat without a restraint or carseat. We are going on Jet Blue so there are tvs in the seat backs so I was thinking a pair of child sized headphones. Just curious what everyone else has done treat wise.

DD1 will be sitting in the row behind (or ahead...I can't remember) with my sister. I will be in the middle seat with DD2 as a lap baby (but am hoping for that window seat to stay open so she can be in her carseat).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Well, our flight are often long (short ones to my parents at two to three hours, but coast to coast otherwise).

I always buy some new stuff for ds. Coloring book, dry erase board, new books, etc. He also has his own iTouch, loaded with movies and tv shows. He doesn't really care what headphones he uses with that, it's whatever we can find when packing. I also always bring snacks. More than one kind. Packaged in individual servings.

Have a great trip!
    Catherine

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Child size headphones (we have some from Sony) are a must for us. Also have some plan for if the TVs don't work. This has happend to us more than once on JetBlue.

I pack some new items for each child -- little toys etc. I pack snacks and a lunch for everyone. I pack a change of clothes for both kids and a shirt DH or I could wear. Also a sweatshirt as sometimes they get chilly.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Always, always, always. Tons. I have a friend who buys little crapola and wraps it up and lets her kids open one an hour while on the plane. That actually eats a LOT of time! I also throw food rules out the window and give lollypops, gum, gummies, candy, raisins, chips, what ever. Now that DD1 is older it is a lot more fun to pack little toys. She gets really excited.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10