MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Of course it is not a race, but to they have to point it out so painfully!!!

DD (2.5 yrs) is in a class at DC with 12 kids, all very close in age to her. I would say that in her room 5 of the kids are 1-3 mos older and the rest are 1-5 mos younger. They have been doing a fair bit with the potty at school. DD just does not want to do it. She knows all about it, has done it, but not any more. She says "I not like that. I not wear underwear. I want me diaper."

Now for the b!tch....they have posted a bright and colorful sign (1 inch high letters, lots of smilies faces and stars) RIGHT OVER THE CHANGING STATION with a list of all the 9 kids who are in undies only at DC (no pull-ups, not even for naps). The only kids who are not in underwear are mine, a little girl who is 3 mos younger than DD, and the kid who is on extended holiday in India right now. (And, heck, she is probably wearing underwear right now in India for all I know, they just have not seen it yet to post it on the sign!).

So, every time I go to change her diaper upon arrival to DC, I am reminded that DD is recalcitrant to PTing and totally behind everyone else. And I know it is not a race or competion, and I know she will not go to grad school in a d@mn pull-up, and I know she just does not want to PT mostly to jerk my chain.....but WHY do they need the sign? Or, if they need the sign (for subs and stuff, I mean, I know they do need it), why put it over the changing station? Why not put it over the potty? We do not go over there much, so I would never have to see it if it was over the potty. Every time I see the sign I feel like I am getting and "F" for my mommy grade...........
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

It is weird it's in the changing station, not over the potty. It seems like it's a shaming thing, rather than positive reinforcement (not saying they're TRYING to shame DDs, just that it could be taken that way.) Could you suggest they move it?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

nov04 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'd love to send over dd1 who's 3 years 9 months and refuses to pt!!!! And she can tell them what's in her pants just like she tells me!
    Jos
    dd1 10/2004 prenatal stroke survivor w/ speech delay and dysarthria
    dd2 02/2007 asthma

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm sorry you feel bad.

I suspect it's over the changing table to remind subs/new people who bring a child to the changing station that they are NOT supposed to be in diapers. Even kids who are potty trained often sleep in diapers/pull-ups at nap time, so someone helping out after nap may need a reminder not to put a new diaper or pull-up on that child.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do not feel bad! My DD turned 3 in July and refuses to potty train! It is not a race.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I'm sorry you feel bad.

I suspect it's over the changing table to remind subs/new people who bring a child to the changing station that they are NOT supposed to be in diapers. Even kids who are potty trained often sleep in diapers/pull-ups at nap time, so someone helping out after nap may need a reminder not to put a new diaper or pull-up on that child.
    is it like a graduation chart.. Sam diapers... Susie undies but pull up at nap.. Mary undies full time?
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    is it like a graduation chart.. Sam diapers... Susie undies but pull up at nap.. Mary undies full time?
    Exactly, except the only kids on the list are the 9 who use undies, and this week, it morphed to ALL the kids being in undies ONLY (except DD, the other little girl, and the child in India). I know it is just to help them keep track, and that they mean no harm. It is just a bummer to stand there everyday changing her in front of the sign that points out all the progress the others are making when DD is clearly not quite ready yet. Yes, it is purely my own complex (although, the mother of the one other little girl in diapers did tell me that she feels bad when she sees the sign, too. I did not even bring it up to her).
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This would make me feel bad too. My DS turned 3 in June and is not PTed yet. About 9 months ago, one of the moms at our daycare wanted the daycare to do this and I strongly objected.

At least the kids can't read (yet)!