Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default It's really not a race to see how fast you can lose the weight post partum!

I just don't get my friend. Every single one of her FB posts since having her twins has been about her weight. And leading up to the end of her pregnancy, all she would talk about (FB or otherwise) was how huge she was and that she couldn't wait to get the twins out. And this is after several miscarriages, and eventually IVF. So it was like if she was not complaining about worrying about taking them full term, she was complaining about still being pregnant. I mean I can imagine how horrible it is to be pregnant with twins, but I guess after being so supportive of her pregnancy and mojoin' really hard that everything worked out with the IVF, I didn't want to hear how horrible it was to still be pregnant.
    So back to the FB stuff- I think it was 3 weeks pp that she posted she was no longer wearing maternity clothes, and at 4 weeks she had lost every single pound she had gained. And just now, which is what prompted this bitch, was her complaining that doing a Pure Barre class (which I guess is some crazy ab workout) at 6 weeks post c-section was a bad idea.
    And I swear I don't have some hangup about still being overweight after having my kids. I also lost the weight fairly quickly (although not that quickly!) and am down to what I was before kids.
    She is just bugging me with her reported focus right now. It's almost like she thinks it's cool or funny to be more worried about her figure.
    I did post and just said, "Seriously, K, give yourself a break!"
    DD
    DS

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Some folks just can't handle what they may look like to others if they are not thin, or if they are not what they perceive to be attractive. I feel bad for those folks, cuz while I get it completely cuz I never feel too good looking being overweight my whole life, I just kind of say, well, whatever, love me or don't. I can't dwell on it or I'll miss stuff going on! How I look cannot be the entire focus.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    I think it was 3 weeks pp that she posted she was no longer wearing maternity clothes, and at 4 weeks she had lost every single pound she had gained.

is it true? or is she just saying it?
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebebes View Post

is it true? or is she just saying it?
    I guess she could be lying, but this is what she said. I have not yet gone to visit her but I am dying to see for myself! She was very fit and trim before getting pregnant- maybe I just don't understand that kind of mindset or something because I am not an exerciser by nature.
    DD
    DS

maybe im wrong but it seems like you would have to be drastically starving yourself to lose every single pound by 4 weeks postpartum,twins or not.

My guess is that it must have really affected her mentally how her looks changed during this pregnancy and she cannot wait to announce it to the world that she is back to her trim self.
    DD S 2002
    DD L 2007
    DD C 2010

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

maybe im wrong but it seems like you would have to be drastically starving yourself to lose every single pound by 4 weeks postpartum,twins or not.

My guess is that it must have really affected her mentally how her looks changed during this pregnancy and she cannot wait to announce it to the world that she is back to her trim self.
    No, you wouldn't. I didn't gain any weight, I lost 20 lbs. pregnant. It happens. I got right back into my old clothes two weeks later when my uterus went back down. Not everyone gains the same proportion of weight, and not everyone gains it in the same places when they do. Some weight is easier to lose than others.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Obsess much?

An old friend of mine (she didn't have twins) showed up at a toddler class three weeks postpartum wearing her Juicy skinny days track suit looking like a million bucks. She was thinner than I had ever seen but her weight loss was all stress related. Now she is 20 pounds overweight but she still brags about those few weeks when she was so thin. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    No, you wouldn't. I didn't gain any weight, I lost 20 lbs. pregnant. It happens. I got right back into my old clothes two weeks later when my uterus went back down. Not everyone gains the same proportion of weight, and not everyone gains it in the same places when they do. Some weight is easier to lose than others.
    Ok but you are saying you didnt gain any weight and instead you lost while pregnant. I can see someone who barely gained anyting or rather lost being able to return to their previous size right away.

But in this case I was assuming that this person had gained weight-at least there was nothing said to make me understand that she didnt gain or gained very little.
    DD S 2002
    DD L 2007
    DD C 2010

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I know there are many people who agonize over every single pound they gain while pregnant. Being pregnant is especially difficult for women who have weight issues (whether they are slim or overweight pre-pregnancy). It can just be really difficult for them to be OK with gaining weight.

I also think we need to be careful about not allowing women the right to complain when pregnant, even when they have had infertility issues or losses. Everyone deserves to be able to complain about the aches and pains of pregnancy. I worried about this a lot, especially when pregnant with my youngest, that I would somehow seem ungrateful because she came after miscarriages and a full term loss. But her pregnancy was really, really freaking hard, for a lot of reasons, and complaining about the pregnancy does not mean you are not happy to have the baby. But that does not change the fact that just the fact of being pregnant can be very, very hard.

But it does sound like she is really obsessed about her weight and that must be really hard to listen to.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was in my non maternity jeans at 2w pp with ds1. I gained 27lbs with him and it was all gone in that first 4-6w and then I kept losing. I didn't pay attention to diet though and very likely I wasn't eating enough.

eta- OP- I hope your friend stops obsessing so much. It's a miserable place to be mentally Of course she could just be bragging.

Beth

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast