Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Darlene Eva was blond with blue eyes.

She was actually a precursor to the Cabbage Patch dolls. I think her bum was signed by Xavier Roberts and I had to "formally" adopt her (hand in the air, documents signed) at the small store in the next town over that had the dolls. My mom showed me an article in the paper about them and I saved up birthday money to be able to adopt her.

I need to find her at Mom's house!

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I don't remember the koosa. What is that?
    Oooooh...I remember the name but can't recall what those were. Off to google images LOL.

Okay, back...the koosas were animals I guess??

Some are kinda freaky looking
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Winola Marni

I hadn't heard of koosas - they do look creepy!
    DD 10/09
    DS 2/13

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Minnie Larina

I had my mom throw a birthday party for her, when she "turned one" according to her "birth certificate" LOL. I had my best friends come over and my mom baked a cake and everything. I think I was 6 or 7.
    Last edited by edurnemk; 09-17-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

My names is Lisa and I had a transexual Cabbage Patch Kid.

It wasn't my fault-I swear.

A few years ago, my sis and I were sitting around talking about CPKs, much like this. She recalled a Christmas morning, about 30 years ago- how there were two under the Christmas Tree, and she woke me up excitedly, asking me if I wanted the Preemie or the one w/hair. I, half asleep, said, "w/hair". I basked in the memories of meeting Emily Jennifer for the first time, with her short brown hair and pretty pink dress.

My mom, sitting nearby, busted out laughing.

"So you never figured out that you really had a boy?" Umm...whaaa? Gears in my brain began turning, my world began to spin. Wait, the birth certificate: CARTER ULYSSES! Noooooo!

Somehow I felt betrayed, yet, admittedly, it was pretty hilarious. Apparently, my mom didn't think either of us would be as pleased w/ a male doll so she bought a dress, carefully took Carter out, changed & reboxed him and the rest is history. I vaguely remember asking about the name, never having heard it before, and her pretty much saying something generic like, "You know you can change the name. What do want to change it to?" Good ol' mom w/the redirection.

I generally think of myself as a very tolerant, accepting person. Maybe that's thanks to Carter.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by xmasbabycomin View Post
    My names is Lisa and I had a transexual Cabbage Patch Kid.

It wasn't my fault-I swear.

A few years ago, my sis and I were sitting around talking about CPKs, much like this. She recalled a Christmas morning, about 30 years ago- how there were two under the Christmas Tree, and she woke me up excitedly, asking me if I wanted the Preemie or the one w/hair. I, half asleep, said, "w/hair". I basked in the memories of meeting Emily Jennifer for the first time, with her short brown hair and pretty pink dress.

My mom, sitting nearby, busted out laughing.

"So you never figured out that you really had a boy?" Umm...whaaa? Gears in my brain began turning, my world began to spin. Wait, the birth certificate: CARTER ULYSSES! Noooooo!

Somehow I felt betrayed, yet, admittedly, it was pretty hilarious. Apparently, my mom didn't think either of us would be as pleased w/ a male doll so she bought a dress, carefully took Carter out, changed & reboxed him and the rest is history. I vaguely remember asking about the name, never having heard it before, and her pretty much saying something generic like, "You know you can change the name. What do want to change it to?" Good ol' mom w/the redirection.

I generally think of myself as a very tolerant, accepting person. Maybe that's thanks to Carter.

That stuff is so much funnier once you have kids and realize the effort that took!!!
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just emailed my sister and asked her. Her dolls were-

The boy was Paxton Cliff.

The girl was Nora Claire.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I don't remember the koosa. What is that?

This is very similar to what mine looked like

http://www.etsy.com/listing/20937016...atch-kid-kooza
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Robina Jacklyn. I didn't care for the name, but I didn't feel like it was right to rename her, so she stayed Robina.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Gason Emil must have been French or something, I called him Emil and he was bald.
    Arlo Wilson had brown hair, I called him Willie.

Both of mine were boys but my Grandma and her sister both waited in long lines for them and although they wanted to get me girls I loved them to pieces!
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast