Al is Wow
I just opened Al last night and even though I think I've read everything ever written on this stroller, it still surprised me!
1) He's beautiful! Yeah, people say pictures don't do it justice, but seriously, pictures don't do it justice. It isn't just the most beautiful stroller I have ever owned, it is probably one of the most gorgeous things I own, period. Forget functionality, it is just so beautiful!
2) He's big! I know it's between a Techno and a Quest and I know that I think the Techno is such a monster that it barely qualifies as umbrella, but I was still shocked at the size of the ryder. He's a giant among umbrella strollers.
3) I wouldn't travel with him! Earlier this week I told Arivecchi that I would eventually travel with Al, to fulfill his destiny. Nope. He's too big and beautiful. Will not put Al in the cargo hold of an airplane. That would require letting someone else, some stranger, out of my sight, touch Al. Nope.
4) He's pink! Sure, I was listening when Poohbear said there was a pink stripe in the plaid, but somehow I thought it was just one pink stripe. Turns out there are pink stripes all over Al! If I ever have a girl I am going to get a pink liner and turn Al into my funky pink and brown stroller.
5) I can't find my wheel covers! Where oh where are my wheel covers hiding? I want wheel covers! Are they hidden somewhere or did I not get them?
6) Not having the peekaboo window makes me surprisingly sad! I'm surprised how much I care. The Blink has such an awesome peekaboo window I am totally spoiled. I wish the canopy on Al rotated forward so the peekaboo window was usable. That would be perfection.
7) He's sueded! I have heard this mentioned, but it didn't click for me just seeing pictures. There's all this nice soft brown suede on Al. Al's seat, Al's footmuff, Al's harness covers. He's so lush and soft and cushy. LOVE IT.
I haven't taken him for a spin yet so that's why this is all appearance-related stuff. But that's my mini-review of how Al looks. He looks great though. I am soooo happy I finally bought one. What a STEAL the Gilt price was!
Last edited by Multimama; 09-30-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Multimama - 2 kids, 5 strollers, 0 cars