naam is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Bitty Baby vs. Corolle Dolls

If you were to choose either a Bitty Baby or a Corolle doll, which would you buy? Why? I'm debating buying one for my DD for either a Christmas present or her 3rd birthday (also in December.) Thanks.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have both, but DD got a Bitty for a birthday, then matching pj's later (all from Grandmother.)

The Corolle Tidoo gets all the "play" action though, probably b/c it was her first and it is a better size for her arms.

We've have a Tidoo as well and are getting a Corolle toddler doll for DD (4.5). I missed the window to get a Bitty Twin since DD decided she wanted a "4yo" doll. Have you considered one of those? Might have more longevity since she has hair.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I thought the Corelle Calin (Darling) was sweeter looking than the Bitty Baby so I went with the Calin.

I do like the Bitty Twins though. We bought the curly haired one for my oldest (wish I hadn't) and one of the straight haired ones for my youngest (much better idea).
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

twodogs is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have several Calins. I felt they were much more appropriately sized for a 2-5 year old than the Bitty Baby. The dolls are so soft, smell great, less expensive than BB and the clothes are less too. I guess there are not as many go-alongs to get for them, but there are still lots to choose from. Highly recommend.