Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Skulls, crossbones, etc. on kids clothes?

I got to thinking about this subject since posters (other than just me!) mentioned NOT liking them on another thread.

Is this really something a lot of people like? Gymbo must do focus groups that say "yes" because they keep doing them. They must sell to someone. It's not just Gymbo either, they seem to be everywhere. (And not just cuz it's close to Halloween.) I admit that I do see them on both boys and girls. But it just isn't my style.

So what do y'all think? Love them? Hate them?

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hmmm, how did I miss that? Clearly I'm spending too much time cooking and doing housework if I can't properly keep up on all the threads here!

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

About four years ago I found a skull tee shirt at H&M for my then two-year-old boy. I thought "oh how cute and edgy and kind of ironic" I thought he looked adorable in it.

Fast forward a few years and it seems we're hard pressed to find any clothes without skulls on them. They're even popping up on items where they don't seem to belong at all (like holiday sweaters). I swear it seems Gymboree has incorporated skulls into every line they come up with. Cowboy skulls, Football skulls, I'm still waiting for a Santa skull with a hat and fluffy white beard.

So while I am certainly not anti-skull, I am kind of over them.

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't like them at all. I love Gymboree but don't buy any of the skull stuff from them.

I don't even like them for DS1 but at his age, I have to let him have some choice. Luckily, he tends toward athletic gear.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Hmmm, how did I miss that? Clearly I'm spending too much time cooking and doing housework if I can't properly keep up on all the threads here!
    I can't keep on the threads here and I can vouch that I do NOT spend too much time on either cooking or housework.

I hate them on kids cloths and we don't buy them.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I wont buy anything with skulls on them. My teenagers wont wear them either
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I don't like them either. I think they are popular because of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Anything pirate seems super popular for the last few years. I don't buy them but I find it harder and harder to avoid. FWIW I don't like camo either and one time I went into Gymbo for PJs and everything either had skulls or camo on it.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    I can't keep on the threads here and I can vouch that I do NOT spend too much time on either cooking or housework.

I hate them on kids cloths and we don't buy them.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't have a problem with skulls and crossbones on my daughter's clothes. The only requirement is that they are "happy skulls" not mean looking ones.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast