Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've had mixed luck with the few pieces we've gotten (all on sale).

DD's play dress didn't hold up so well, particularly the leggings. But the fabric was a beautiful soft knit.

Lunch box had broken a broken zipper within the first week of use (had bought it on sale a year earlier, so did not return).

Velour holiday dress - best dress ever! Comfortable, soft, fit nicely for 2 years and will probably be OK for a third. And washes up beautifully. I'll likely buy another this year while they are on sale.

Rain coat - pretty happy with it.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

I have little experience but the leggings I have bought at Coscto are so well made and so far have washed up extremely well. It is so nice to have clothes for DD that still look good after the 3rd wash!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

I think some of it really comes down to personal taste. I like bright colors, so most of the Hanna designs really appeal to me. I've been lusting after their girls clothes since long before I had a DC. Sure, some of their pluses are availabe from other brands, but the combo of quality/longer wear + design is what has me hooked.

My big reasons for buying it - mostly on sale, you've just got to keep an eye out...
    -the longer wear features that pp mentioned; ie pants with cuffs, double crotch snaps on onesies, double snaps/buttons on overalls
    -they stand up to wear well
    -they run large, so they're great for my 95% height child
    -I occasionally like to match with my child, yes, I'm funny that way
    -their baby accessories - like the mocs and pilot cap - are amazing! Also their mitts on a string -do you know how hard it is to find mitts like that these days? And they're required by our daycare.

Unfortunately, if you have a boy the designs get less cute and unique as they outgrow the baby sizing But if you have girls I think they're great for many years. A good portion of my DN's wardrobe is Hanna she's 7.

Although I don't buy as much Hanna for DS now that he's 3, some of my favorites continue to be the unders, pjs, and nordic-style sweaters at Christmastime. Also, I live in Canada so they're not sold up here (and aren't that well-known) and putting DS in Hannas ensures that he really has a unique look.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For me the Oeko-tex and organic products are huge. I'm so sick of finding out that the tings I buy for my kids contain harmful substances and are toxic. Their standards for this are better than other companies.
    The clothes don't really shrink, never had a color bleed, the resale is good, so you can use them and get enough money back to get the next sizes, I almost never pay retail prices for them. The flat lock seems make things more comfy, and are great for kids with sensitive skin or things like eczema. They wear forever, because of the cuffs and leggings paired with dresses. Especially the short sleeves, dd has worn some short sleeve dresses for 4 summer. They are longer dresses the first and swing tops the last. They are also, often more age appropriate than a lot of companies, I want them to look comfy, neat and like little kids.
    Their customer service is wonderful, their return policy is wonderful and the things they support do not concern me. They give to education.
    All in all, I like the company and their products. I love the clothes for both my girl and boy. I feel good putting them in it, and they look cute.

I don't feel gymbo's quality compares to Hanna though I like some of their lines. I really don't like animal's on clothes so they do that too much IMO, horses, dogs Etc. Also the manufacturing and what the clothes contain are of more concern. I mostly get leggings at Gymborree, dd is super petite and these are some of the only things that stay up on her. I have not found any boy clothes there that I like for ds.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like some of their girl stuff, but will admit that the style is often too "traditional" for me. We have Hanna stuff from Grandma and yes they are great quality, but I would never buy it on my own, especially since our clothing won't be handed down in any way.

I'll admit I love the Mini Boden stuff more than HA - styling is more modern. And they have some CUTE boy stuff (probably the cutest boy stuff of any brands I've seen!). But again, we have Mini Boden from Grandma, and though their clothing is fabulous, I could never justify spending the money, even when they're way on sale. But I like to look and drool

dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We only buy their pajamas - I'm sure their other clothes are fine, but DS is just too hard on daytime clothes to justify it, even on sale/outlet prices.

However, for jammies, it's all he will wear. The cotton is thicker and softer, there is absolutely no pilling, and just in general, they are much more comfortable on him. He's a huge superhero fan, and has several pairs of Batman, Spider-Man, etc, jammies, but always ignores those in favour of Hanna.
    - Penny
    DD: Britt (03/22/93)
    DS: Riley (11/04/03)

It really lasts forever.

The playdresses are tunic length and can be worn for a year or two, stains come right out. I have no idea why. I buy mine mostly on swap because I am too chicken to call the outlets, and even after two kids the clothes look fantastic. Once per year or so I place an online order (no more, because their shipping is too high).

I'd love to see more cute prints vs just stripes. I hate the boy's clothing which is boring IMO.

Love their fleece jackets and playdress sets. And the zippers.

ETA in response to a prior poster: My favorite brands for girls are Pumpkin Patch USA (LOVE their corduroy tired skirts), naartjie, and Hanna. In that order. My favorite brands for boys are Boden and Janie and Jack. Although DS is reaching the age where he would rather have a $3 Spider-man tee from Kohls.
    Last edited by Jo..; 10-16-2010 at 02:16 PM.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have boys and have never bought any HA. Their girl stuff (playdresses, leggings, etc.) is pretty cute and I love stripes but can't bring myself to pay $$ for pjs. Some of their prints and colors are too garish IMO too. I know they have sales at the outlets but there are no stores or outlets anywhere around here and it feels like a rat race to me to save up catalogs, call sales people and ask them for specific sizes of specific patterns.
    K

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I live in Portland, OR and have access to both an outlet and regular store. My experience with Hanna is as many PP have mentioned:

Durable clothing
    Size ranges last- my DD wore her first Christmas dress for two years!!!
    Sizing is generous- works well for DD who has always been over 90% height and weight
    Some clothing can be worn across genders (i.e. DD can wear, and when a future DC (DS or DD) comes, that child can wear it)- such as jeans and sweatshirts.
    I like the feeling of the materials- it feels durable, yet soft. I'm not big on fake materials.

I typically only buy at the outlet or on sale (and I try to practice lots of restraint). Don't order online- so don't pay shipping. Some of their things can be a bit "wild"- but they also have some cute things- they are versatile- i.e., you can wear the dress, and when it becomes a bit too short, pair with leggings and you have a tunic.

I became addicted to Hanna, as my daughter got to the age of 1 or so (she is almost 3 now)- we did many Carter's clothes in the newborn stage- then we transitioned to LE/Gymbo/HA. Probably DD has a majority of LE and HA clothes, with a few sprinkles of Gymbo.... It just seems to work for us.

At the mall, there are several high end stores, such as Janie and Jack, Naturje, etc. Those prices seem insane- spending 15 bucks on a cute all cotton sweater at the HA outlet that DD can wear for a year does not!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

wow thank you all so much for the replies, very informative!!

anyway from what i've seen on the website, i really do like a few of the styles, especially for the holidays stuff. I normally love the Gymbo boys clothes (i love the stuff with trucks, helicopters, monkeys etc) but as for holidays i didnt see anything from the baby boys' section that caught my eye. i'm kinda lusting after this Nordic-style vest for baby boys, esp since it's on sale..

http://www.hannaandersson.com/Style....simg=37012_M23

also, i do need to buy DS some PJs that are thicker now that it's getting colder at night. i too have been getting annoyed with the pilling of many of the sleepers i have gotten from Carters etc and would love something that provides warmth and is soft but isn't super thick like many fleece pjs. the PJs i see on HA website look very cute, but the thing is most of them don't have feet (we always use footed PJs since my son kicks off socks all.the.time). there is one set of footed PJs on there, that does seem cute but unfortunately there's only one print (cookie print) that isn't girly.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style....simg=37009_99E

there are some socks on there that look very warm & comfy and claim they stay on, is that really true? if so, i'd get them so i could get regular (non-footed) pjs.

anyway i think i'd really have to check the HA stuff out in person, so i will try to make the trek over to the nearest store sometime soon to check this stuff out. and then of course i'd have to convince DH that it's worth spending $$ on this stuff. not sure if we'll be able to hand clothes down (DC#2 may end up being a girl) but the point about future resale value is good.

ETA: interesting about the sizing being good for larger kids or for those in cloth dipes. my son is in cloth diapers and is in 95%ile for height so sometimes we have issues with onesies that are too short (even 12-18 mo size!). anyway, definitely worth checking out it seems.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 10-16-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast