Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    I often like there girl clothes, but I have a boy and I'm not a fan of their boy clothes.
    Same here. I have more Hanna for DD than DS. To me boys clothes all kind of look the same. I tend to prefer Gymbo for DS. The only thing I have found for DS that I never had for DD is zippers. I got a few at Costco and a few more on outlet sale recently. I love them.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    anyway i think i'd really have to check the HA stuff out in person, so i will try to make the trek over to the nearest store sometime soon to check this stuff out. and then of course i'd have to convince DH that it's worth spending $$ on this stuff. not sure if we'll be able to hand clothes down (DC#2 may end up being a girl) but the point about future resale value is good.
    Definitely play up the resale angle! That usuallly works on my DH
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love Hanna! Part of it is personal taste, of course, but I love the softness and the durability. The quality has gone significantly downhill over the last decade or so, but it's still pretty good. I have 3 girls so I don't feel bad spending extra $$$ on some of the stuff if I know it will get handed down to little sister. If I only had one child I'm not sure if I could justify the expense unless I did resale. Even with coupons/sales it's still uber expensive so you have to be choosy. It's very easy to go overboard!
    DD1 10/01
    DD2 02/07
    DD3 07/09

ms pacman, for jammies I love the strechies from the children's place. Not as thick or as durable as Hannas, but can be had for $5 each on sale, and they have FEET!

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The few HA things we have I really like. They hold up extremely well through multiple washes. We have a couple of playdresses, a twirly dress, two hooded fleece jackets (These are awesome!), and I just bought a couple leggings at Costco. I also have some velour shirts, long sleeved Ts and a black skirt for myself. When you can buy stuff during their blowout sales, it's great. Otherwise it's just too expensive for me. I would love to own some of their kid sleepers, but not at their prices.

We don't live close to an outlet OR store either. I think they're about an hour away, which is really too far for me to drive for bargain hunting.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    ms pacman, for jammies I love the strechies from the children's place. Not as thick or as durable as Hannas, but can be had for $5 each on sale, and they have FEET!
    I was all set to be some HA when pg with ds2 after all the raves here. But I refuse(!) to buy baby sleepers without built in feet. I despise with a passion dealing with socks (and I do not want to have to do socks and moccasins for sleeping or even just hanging around). So, due to lack of built in feet I didn't buy a single HA item. My babies live in sleepers the first few months and I guess I am set in my ways. I wish they could have had at least one footed option. Of course, when shopping for ds2 in general I found footed things were hard to find for some reason.

Beth

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I always felt the Zippers fit longer b/c they don't have feet. I paired them with the Swedish Moccasins b/c they stay on really well, even over night.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HA's baby clothes, esp. the bear fleece buntings and best ever baby fleece jacket for the wintertime. I highly recommend the zipper sleepers, LJs and the mocs also. DS has a ton of each. I'm not a fan of their boy's line, except for the comfort cords, double knee cruiser pants, and double knee cargo sweats....all because they all have an adjustable drawstring waist. I despise faux drawstrings. I much prefer MiniBoden for boy's clothes....so glad Boden extended their baby line to 4 years!!
    Last edited by lchang25000; 10-16-2010 at 11:13 PM.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I started buying HA for my DS, who is 3, and mainly stuck to the LJs. I do love their double knee cruiser pants because they have a real drawstring, and my DS is so skinny, he can only do pants with an adjustable waist.

I LOVE the durability of their clothing. I can't stand when something I buy (and usually pay decent $ for) starts falling apart or starts showing a ton of wear. With that being said, I ordered DS some LJs for his b-day and noticed that the stitching came out of the seam. I called CS, and they gave me a $10 credit to get it fixed. Like a PP said, stains come out of their clothing amazingly well.

Now that I have a DD, I love HA even more! Love the zippers and the PD. They are so soft and can be worn for so long...much longer than any other brand, hands down. I love stripes and polka dots, too, so I like the styling.

Reading this thread makes me want to place another order and try the things I haven't tried yet, but I must practice restraint. You can find really good deals like the aforementioned summer sale. I got 10-12 items for $60ish shipped. Watch this board for great deals!

Quick question: Now that all you HA lovers are here, DS has a pair of LJs that have pilled up terribly. They're about a year old, and I washed them just like the others, but they look and feel bad. Do you think HA will take them back?

I have to agree on the long-livedness, resale value of Hanna's.

We have hand-me-downs that have been circulating through 4 girls in the family, and the Hanna's are usually still soft and still in good shape.

I also find that the fabric is so enticing - it's the only kid clothes that I actively fondle as I fold.

But I don't like a whole lot of their styles, so I buy (a few) basics from Hanna and get the cuter stuff at min-Boden, Gymbo, etc.
    -Kate

Mom to Sally & Leo - 2/20/07

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast