Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dislike! Especially for kids under 6 or 7.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by westgre View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority. I like the skulls and crossbones. One of our favorite shirts is a big dino head from Gymboree with crossbones underneath it. I like to dress my boys edgier than most. We like Vans shoes and surf/skate/music tees with jeans. We like out of the ordinary stuff.
    We may be the minority.....but I like it that way!
    Colleen
    Mom to 2 DS (5/'04 and 1/'09)

I got the babylegs with the girlie skulls for Bumbee's Terrible Tu-2 b-day party, and she has a shirt and pants from the Target Halloween clearance lats year. In October, yes. And the small babylegs skulls, okay. Otherwise, no.
    Mama to Bumbee. A VERY busy girl...
    Making me a VERY Mama.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyAg94 View Post
    I don't like it. It just says "death" to me.

I do not want my kid walking around with a gigantic symbol of death on his shirt. I just don't. Combine my hatred of the whole skull and crossbones look with my dislike of camo, rocker, surfer, and monster themes, and I have a pretty limited selection of boys clothing to choose from! As DS1 is getting older and older, I'm finding even fewer things of my liking to dress him in. But that's another vent for another day.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Some of the skull stuff is cute. I wouldn't say I seek it our or anything though. DS has one skull thing I think. It doesn't concern me.
    DD
    DS

Not my style at all on my boys. DS1 has been asking for a pair of camo pants for a year or so now. I finally caved last week and bought him a pair. I am just not into dressing my boys in edgy clothes but if you want your kids to wear them, whatever, as far as I am concerned.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    ...whole skull and crossbones look with ... camo, rocker, surfer, and monster themes...
    See, I guess I'm in the minority too, but I don't mind any of these themes...we have a bunch of skull/crossbones shirts (Gymbo, Boden, etc.), tons of monsters and I love the rocker themes...we don't do much camo.

I dislike or get bored by stripes and sports.
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

It's interesting to see what gets lumped together for kid's clothing themes - I can't stand camo on kids and I avoid skulls and crossbones (mostly because it's not my style and I think it looks Halloweeny) but I LOVE rocker, monster and surfer stuff on my little guy. He sports Vans and Converse and looks so darn cute in them!
    Green Tea, mom to three

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hmmm, I thought I was picky about clothes, but now I don't think so. Skulls, peace signs, and camo don't bother me one bit. I don't go out of my way to buy them, but if DD ends up with some, that's fine by me.

I do not, however, like clothes with words on them (e.g. Princess, Cutie, etc).
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

Quote Originally Posted by westgre View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority. I like the skulls and crossbones. One of our favorite shirts is a big dino head from Gymboree with crossbones underneath it. I like to dress my boys edgier than most. We like Vans shoes and surf/skate/music tees with jeans. We like out of the ordinary stuff.
    I am with you on this too! I dress ds in skulls and he also wears alot of quiksilver clothing. I'm not into the cutesy little kid stuff and refuse to put a sweater vest on him! I like the funky kid stuff and just bought him the most adorable sunglasses at Nordies ever, DH calls DS "Kanye" when he wears them!
    I think of myself as a cool mom so I want ds to be cool too!
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4