Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
His eardrum shouldn't have ruptured--that's the whole point of the tube is to let the pressure/fluid clear without building up to the point of infection/rupture. DDs eardrum ruptured before we got tubes for her and there was quite a bit of pus and maybe a bit of blood but the pus was the dramatic part. Is the blood red (fresh) or brown (old, or perhaps not blood at all)?

ETA: If you had him at urgent care I assume they looked to make sure the tubes hadn't gotten clogged? A clogged tube might lead to a lack of proper drainage and perhaps a rupture.
Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
It is the point of the tubes, right. My ENT did say it could still happen though. So far with the one infection for DD it was just a lot of puss. I love the tubes so far!!
Feeling like a moron, but I didn't know that. I thought the point of the tubes was to help his pretty-horizontal ear canals drain better so they didn't get so clogged up and prone to infection.
It makes sense now that you say it, but I hadn't thought about them that way. Strange that the ENT didn't mention that, but he is pretty laid back and doesn't give a lot of details unless I press.