Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nativity Thread

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Nativity Thread

Melissa and Doug came out with a Nativity set this year-

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-3...8989594&sr=1-1

I saw it at the local learning store- really lovely in person. Baby Jesus is 2 sided- one side with the empty manger and one side with the baby.

Talk me down ladies- we already have a playmobil nativity ( http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-5719...8989722&sr=1-3 ) but they have been intigrated into our regular toys and currently baby Jesus is quite happily living in a castle. But I don't NEED another nativity right? (boys are going to be 6, 3.5 and 1)

Post your nativity finds and delimas!
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, I collect nativity scenes so I'm sure that will bias my response a bit. I don't see any reason why they can't have a second (or more) nativity scene, especially if their first has been incorporated into every day play.

That is a cute set. I can see it coming home with us this year. We have the FP Little People set and the Playmobil set, although the Playmobil one is actually mine, pre-children so it has been put away for the last couple of years. I'll probably pull it out again once the youngest is a bit older. I'm a little too uptight about having all the little bits to just let them have at it.

I'd really like to start buying each girl a piece from the Holztiger style sets every year so that when they move out, they will each have a set to take with them but I haven't yet.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hmm, maybe its just the picture but the M&D set doesn't do anything for me. I think the PM is so cute, just find all the other pieces (I'm sure Baby Jesus is happy to be out of the cold barn for a while).
    I am LOVING the idea of buying the Holztiger set over time for both kids, well I'm off to look at those
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Oh we needed the Playmobil set! The M&D doesn't do much for me either. I don't like the one-dimensional figures.
    Christie
    mommy to DS 08/07
    Riding in a Frontier 85, Boulevard, and True Fit

I was already collecting Fontanini long before DS. I love my nativity set, and I won't mind letting him play with the pieces since they're not breakable (as long as he doesn't chew on them). I'm really looking forward to it actually. They have a LOT of different people and animals so you can add to the set each year.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am into nativity sets, too. I started DD on the holztiger set last year (DS is getting Noah and the animals). I think the m&d is plenty different from the ones you have so that it wouldn't be duplicative.

If DH comes through this year in will be nearly finished with my LLadro set - though with the kids I haven't been able to display it for fear of it getting broken (which sort of defeats the purpose!)
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

mattiew is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the FP Little People set and each girl has a more "decorative" set in their room (one is painted wood and the resin). I would definitly buy the M&D if you really like it but pack it up each year. This is a set they can keep and have great memories of!!!

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by indigo99 View Post
    I was already collecting Fontanini long before DS. I love my nativity set, and I won't mind letting him play with the pieces since they're not breakable (as long as he doesn't chew on them). I'm really looking forward to it actually. They have a LOT of different people and animals so you can add to the set each year.
    I have several of the Fontanini pieces from before the girls. The unbreakable aspect is definitely a plus. I should buy some more. I just wish the buildings were more affordable. I'd go nuts and fill a room if I could afford it.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nrp View Post
    I am into nativity sets, too. I started DD on the holztiger set last year (DS is getting Noah and the animals). I think the m&d is plenty different from the ones you have so that it wouldn't be duplicative.

If DH comes through this year in will be nearly finished with my LLadro set - though with the kids I haven't been able to display it for fear of it getting broken (which sort of defeats the purpose!)
    Where is the Holtzinger set? I kind of like the M&D one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast