WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Quick: need another group gift idea for my DC

The bounce house thread gave me the idea of asking my parents (mom + DSD, dad +DSM) to get our DC one larger gift instead of multiple small things. I emailed a link to the Little Tikes Jump and Slide Bouncer, and said that it was the TRU deal of the day yesterday (25% off). They both agreed to do it, both mentioned they'd buy the whole thing, which was a shocker. I expected them to split it. TRU was out if it at 7pm when I got there (duh, me!) but they kindly ordered it after they figured out I was going to cry in the store.

So...should I just have them split it (total was $185) or is there anything else I should offer up as another gift idea? DH's parents are getting another set of Magnatiles for them (gave one set last Christmas). Thanks to CL and some generous ILs, we already have so much:
    PBK train table
    KK island kitchen
    LT pickup
    playset
    playhouse
    memberships to zoo, science and childrens museums
    ride ons/bikes galore

I feel a little greedy wondering if we should ask for something else, but it sounds a little weird saying "this is from these two sets of grandparents, but not this set" or "this is from mommy's parents, who used to be married but are now married to other people" kwim? If we don't get anything else, how do I eloquently say it is from these two set of grandparents?

Not sure how to handle explaining what gift is from whom (I really don't think the kids care, so you could probably skip it altogether), but if they want more gift ideas that could be used for all your kids, how about

*paying for a class, like Music Together, or lessons, like swimming, gymnastics, etc.

*ordering them a subscription to a kids' magazine

*Netflix to order kid movies to use for family movie nights

*maybe an easel and art supplies that the whole family/ kids can use (paints, crayons, markers, paper, chalk, etc.)

*tickets to fun family events like a play at a children's theater, exhibit somewhere, etc. There might be a holiday train ride for kids near you or something coming into town that you could go see.

*tickets to an event that the grandparents could take the kids to