Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MolieMuts View Post
    We have 80's style border applied directly to our drywall. I was able to pull the front of the paper off pretty easily and then applied a rag that was wet with hot water to the glue part and it easily came off with a straight edge. It didn't damage the drywall at all and it was not messy. I just pressed the hot rag on the wall in about two foot sections for about 30 seconds. We tried the scoring and chemical method in other rooms and it didn't work. Of course, a steamer would probably work best if you have it.
    Sounds promising! MIL might have a steamer, or my BIL/SIL who inherited a house with wallpaper in every single room, closet, and some ceilings! They finally finished all of the removal a few months ago.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Beth, you definitely want to be very careful about how wet you get the walls if you have drywall on them. Too wet and it will ruin your drywall. Our new (old) house has plaster walls, so we can soak them a bit more than if they were drywall. In your case, a steamer might be a great idea, especially if you can borrow one.
    Last edited by Clarity; 11-18-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Beth, you definitely want to be very careful about how wet you get the walls if you have drywall on them. To wet and it will ruin your drywall. Our new (old) house has plaster walls, so we can soak them a bit more than if they were drywall. In your case, a steamer might be a great idea, especially if you can borrow one.
    Good tip! Thanks! I'm totally new to this. I've never had the pleasure of removing border/wallpaper before
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2