Default Can you use Kohls cash and then return items?

Just wondering how that works if you use your Kohls cash and then you return something from the purchase that got you the Kohls cash. Is it like gymbucks where it doesn't take away from the discount or do they take it off of your return?
    Stacey
    Mama to DS '03
    DD '06
    and DD '10

for Samuel

PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmmm, hard to explain. If you make a return and you bought the item with Kohl's cash, they either give you store credit or give you less $$$ back. So basically, they are not losing out on the free $10 bucks they gave you. LOVE LOVE KOHL'S!
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They usually just give you a store merchandise card with the $$ on it, like they would a return that produced the Kohls cash. I've even had cashiers tell me to buy something and return it if I couldn't find annoying I needed with my Kohls cash just so I wouldn't lose it.

Yeah, as long as you don't want to "cash out" you can get merchandise credit for the same value. Otherwise they will deduct it off what is returned to you.

I was impressed this time. They had to cancel an item on an on-line order of mine. It dropped me from 103 to 80 for the order, but I kept the $20 in Kohl's cash since they had to cancel on me, not me returning it.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you're returning the whole order and haven't spent your Kohl's cash yet they'll give you the option of just canceling it out too. They just invalidate the Kohl's cash and you get a full refund of what you paid.

Watching this with interest -- I purchased socks for DS -- just arrived - wrong size on my part. I earned Kohls cash on the purchase and spent the kohls cash already. Would I be better off returning them to the store and exchanging for the right size?

I did order more in the correct size on another web site order. (no gym bucks involved)

He can always use the socks.

You can return without a receipt for store credit, and you won't lose your KC or reduce your refund.

Or you can return with a receipt. If you have already spent the KC, they deduct the Kohl's Cash value from your return. If you have not yet spent it and the return brings your value below a point where you would have earned the KC, you lose it. For example, say your order was $53 and you returned a $5 item before spending your KC. BANG, $10 in KC gone.

They did not used to track it, and returns had no impact on KC or vice versa, , but a few months ago they changed the policy.

When I made a return they told me I could credit it back to my card and lose my Kohl's cash or I could just get a store credit and keep my Kohl's cash. They are pretty helpful.
    Al

DS 10/25/03
    DD 1/23/07

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog74 View Post
    When I made a return they told me I could credit it back to my card and lose my Kohl's cash or I could just get a store credit and keep my Kohl's cash. They are pretty helpful.

If you have already spent your kohls cash they give you that option. However if you return something while they are still giving out kohls cash and it hasn't been spent, they will cancel the kohls cash and refund you fully, no option.

Next issue - If you return something you have purchased with kohls cash, they just give you the $$ back on a merchandise credit, which I think may be what OP was asking?
    For example, I bought a sweater using $10 kohls cash and put the rest on my Kohls card. Decided I really didn't like it and returned it a few weeks later with my receipt. They put $10 on a merchandise card and the remainder back on my kohls charge. No problem.

Thanks for the replies. I used my Kohls cash today to buy some holiday stuff and will return a few sweaters this weekend that I bought last week that earned the Kohls cash. I guess I'll see what happens at my store when I return those items.
    Stacey
    Mama to DS '03
    DD '06
    and DD '10

for Samuel