Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How do you feel when you wake up?

I still feel tired. every. single. day. I remember one time I woke up feeling refreshed, and I was like, "WOW, this is amazing!" Honestly I think I had gone to bed at 8:30 and that is just not happening.

In fact, I know I should go to bed now, but I'm here instead. Cannot blame the kiddos, since they're 7 & 5 and sleeping through. But I don't think I ever recovered from The Early Sleepless Years.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Tired. Very tired and unmotivated.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It's all about exercise. If I do serious yoga or lifting I feel FANTASTIC the next day.

Right now, with an ebf 4 month old going through a growth spurt and teething, I am so tired when I wake up that I shouldn't even drive.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Like crap.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I still feel tired. every. single. day. I remember one time I woke up feeling refreshed, and I was like, "WOW, this is amazing!" Honestly I think I had gone to bed at 8:30 and that is just not happening.

In fact, I know I should go to bed now, but I'm here instead. Cannot blame the kiddos, since they're 7 & 5 and sleeping through. But I don't think I ever recovered from The Early Sleepless Years.
    Same here, I just got into some really bad late-night habits! Before kids I always made sure I'd get 8 hours.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Most days I feel pretty good because I get 7.5-8 hours of sleep, straight. I'd like to wake up about 30 minutes later so I groan when the alarm goes off. But, after I get out of bed I am ready for the day.

I was a zombie for much of ds2's first 17m because he was a wretched sleeper. He'd have 10 good days then 2-3 horrible days. Such was the cycle that whole year and a half. Even the "good" nights still had about 2 wake ups.

I like my sleep and will keep my fingers crossed that they continue sleeping well!

Beth

Exhausted! I really haven't slept since DS was born 3 years ago! His first 11 months of life, he woke 8 to 12 times every night! Now, things are better than that, but DC are staying awake til close to 10 pm and waking before 6 am. I'd live to be in a position to wake before my kids and have dome alone time, but there is just no way with this current schedule.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Totally exhausted. Every morning. How I long for a weekend of sleeping in.

Ok, this is depressing--mine is only 13 mos and it'll stay this way for 5-7 yrs?
    Last edited by YouAreTheFocus; 11-20-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: added a b*tch :)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post

This is me... exactly. My kids are 5 and 9... I really have no excuses but I rarely feel rested/refreshed when I wake up in the morning.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Generally great, unless insomnia hits. I work out first thing, very early in the morning. Love it and it totally helped me feel better at in the mornings.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast