Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
that sounds awful! knowing me, it would slip out of my fingers and fall into the toilet. and i don't have a sink in my bathroom to rinse it. what do you do if you are in a public bathroom? what do you do if you are in a public bathroom and drop it in the toilet? or drop it on the floor and have blood splash all over your clothes?
how do you know when it needs to be emptied?
I really thought it sounded awful at first too. But now the thought of going back to tampons really icks me out.

And to be completely honest, I did drop it in the toilet once. But that was really me being careless. If you don't have a sink in your bathroom at all then that might be a pain. I mean, I don't have one in the master bath (it's separate), so I use the other bathroom during AF.
I've mostly avoided public bathrooms for changing the diva. Keep in mind that most people can go longer using the diva than a regular tampon. Also, for me it is so much better because you don't have to "time" your tampons. What I mean is, if I am going somewhere and I've been wearing my tampon for an hour, I will remove it early (waste of money, waste of tampon, and OUCH) so that I will have a fresh one before leaving the house. With the diva I will just empty and reinsert, regardless of how long I've been wearing it. In a pinch, I have emptied it in a public restroom and wiped it off and reinserted without washing.
I can't say enough good things about it. From a financial and environmental standpoint, and from a comfort and convenience standpoint, it is so much better for me.
Oh, I forgot to mention, I actually tend to change the Diva most often in the shower.