Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have noticed shorter periods too. I have never rinsed and one cycle always leaves the clean.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

LOVE Homestead Emporium. Well worth it!! A while ago, I ordered one or two pads from different places, and Homestead Emporium was the clear winner.

http://hyenacart.com/HomesteadEmpori...x.php?info=571

I love the sizes she offers. I prefer the wing-style rather than the contour, because the tabs on the contour are made of stretchy fleece and it feels like I need to be more careful when I unsnap. I like the heavy wrap wing pad and ultimini during the day, and definitely the ultimate or ulti-max for nighttime (though I use a cup also). My bottom half is plus-size, so I have no use for the regular or ultimini XS sizes.

I am wearing mine now, LOL!

I love pinklemonade!
    http://hyenacart.com/pinklemonade/index.php?c=55

I have all kinds of sizes, but am finding that for the heavy days, the regular pad works great and I use a heavy pad for night time and then pantyliners for when it's tapering off...

I rinse in the sink, then put in a tub (the empty plastic quart container that our wonton soup comes in, ha!) to soak until I wash them.

I have totally washed them in w/ other clothes, mostly jeans or dark towels, like that.

I love the bamboo velour!
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    The next time, and every month after that, my periods were so much lighter, only lasted 3-4 days, and my cramps were either non-existent, or so mild that I didn't feel the need to take anything at all.
    that sounds wonderful! but i just don't get it. how can something outside your body make such a huge difference?

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellbennt View Post
    I love pinklemonade!
    http://hyenacart.com/pinklemonade/index.php?c=55

I love the bamboo velour!
    I think you have convinced me to try her pantyliners out...still not ready to make the leap for all the time, but I would love to have a reusable option for every day. Thanks for the link...if pads can be beautiful, hers certainly are
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

they're beaUtiful and functional!
    I'm such a wackadoo, that when I wear them I make strange comments (such as how I love wearing them, they're so pretty, they're so soft, etc) & dh just rolls his eyes
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hopefully I'll love them as much as you do I emailed her about other options as she only has 1 regular pantyliner on Etsy right now. I specifically asked about bamboo velour...
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    that sounds wonderful! but i just don't get it. how can something outside your body make such a huge difference?
    just bumping! i hate the idea of cloth. but for shorter, lighter, painless periods, i'm willing to consider it. i just don't understand how it could make a difference and would love if someone could explain it (and the diva cup -- how do you not spill blood all over yourself!?) to me.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    (and the diva cup -- how do you not spill blood all over yourself!?) to me.
    When you pull it out, you pull out and down (just like a tampon) so that the cup isn't tipped until you pour it into the toilet. I don't get any blood on me at all when I remove it (unless i'm being particularly sloppy or something) because it's all contained in the cup that is removed full and then dumped into the toilet (i remove while I'm sitting/squatting over the toilet so it's an easy 'remove-dump'. Usually what I do after that is wash it in the sink and then put it on its bag to wait while I finish my toileting business. I insert standing/squatting in the bathroom but not over the toilet - and the origami fold is my favorite for having a great fit. I have found once I put it in I need to do a few kegels to get it into the exactly right placement (and for removal I use kegels to push it down a bit so that the stem sticks out and I can grasp the bottom to pull it out fully).
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    When you pull it out, you pull out and down (just like a tampon) so that the cup isn't tipped until you pour it into the toilet. I don't get any blood on me at all when I remove it (unless i'm being particularly sloppy or something) because it's all contained in the cup that is removed full and then dumped into the toilet (i remove while I'm sitting/squatting over the toilet so it's an easy 'remove-dump'. Usually what I do after that is wash it in the sink and then put it on its bag to wait while I finish my toileting business. I insert standing/squatting in the bathroom but not over the toilet - and the origami fold is my favorite for having a great fit. I have found once I put it in I need to do a few kegels to get it into the exactly right placement (and for removal I use kegels to push it down a bit so that the stem sticks out and I can grasp the bottom to pull it out fully).
    that sounds awful! knowing me, it would slip out of my fingers and fall into the toilet. and i don't have a sink in my bathroom to rinse it. what do you do if you are in a public bathroom? what do you do if you are in a public bathroom and drop it in the toilet? or drop it on the floor and have blood splash all over your clothes?
    how do you know when it needs to be emptied?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast