Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i have fallen in love with bare minerals. i have extreme combo skin (some very dry areas and some very oily areas) and am prone to breakouts.

do you have a good moisturizer (one that doesn't cause breakouts)?

you might want to look into the oil cleansing method.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have a decent moisturizer (Cetaphil with spf 15). I work on my breakouts (small, papular pimples) with Paula's choice BHA gel and/or Differin, which work, but tend to be a little drying too.

I've read about the oil cleansing method a bit here, and need to read up on that some more.

ETA: My moisturizer choices are limited since I'm allergic to many sunscreens--Anything ending in --cinnamate, esp. I can handle titanium dioxide and Zinc oxide (both somewhat prore clogging), and Avebenzone.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I have dry skin and am allergic to a lot of sunscreens too. although i am not acne prone, i have sensitive skin and have recently been on a foundation hunt also, so i've tried many recently. just wanted to share with you what i've found.

first of all, i found a moisturizer that works well for me - kiehl's ultra facial cream. it is 24 hour, feels light for a cream, and does not have any sunscreen. it's not completely "clean" but it works for me. i have less flakiness and my makeup doesnt look so dry and dusty on my face.

i prefer the dewy look too, because of my dry complexion. however, i have found that i break out with all of the liquid foundations i have tried. i have only tried one mineral powder foundation - bare minerals matte. i apply using a kabuki brush (you can get a cheaper one at target). it does not have bismuth oxycloride (which some people have reactions to). it does have zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as physical sunscreens. there is concern with breathing these in during application of the mineral sunscreens. (i would start with cosmeticsdatabase.com for research)

so far, no breakouts, flawless looking skin, lasts all day. i dont even use the mineral veil. as for application, i usually start in the center of my face and buff outwards.

hth!

also i am going to try maricucu's method for concealing!

What's the mineral veil? I'm so ignorant on this stuff. I know it's really popular now, but I really haven't worn foundation in a looong time. I just went on the everyday mineral website and ordered the "medium" sampler for 3.09 shipping. I'm Asian, but with light skin, so I hope it works for me. It seems like it comes with multiple colors to try (not sure if you get to try all the formulations). Some look really pink. Are they supposed to all be foundation, or are some in the sampler supposed to be blush?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

I see based on this (the colors in these pictures), that it's possible there's a concealer and finishing powder in the kit...
    http://www.everydayminerals.com/fan-...eup-techniques

Is the "mineral veil" like a finishing powder?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

I was excited to try the Boots foundation, which gets great reviews, but then found out it has Octinoxate, which gives me hives
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I was excited to try the Boots foundation, which gets great reviews, but then found out it has Octinoxate, which gives me hives
    oh bummer

Finding a good foundation is like finding a good man. It's hard but once you find it you gotta hold onto it!

Yep mineral veil is finishing/setting powder

I use Smooth Operator by Tarte. It is a mineral liquid light coverage foundation. It has a a mineral (vs chemical) sunscreen for sensitive skin, and it doesn't have any parabens. I wouldn't call it a tinted moisturizer because I do have to use moisturizer underneath (I have combo skin). It doesn't make my skin itch like the bare minerals did.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jh...categoryId=B70

Some days, i just use the loose powder and concealer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3