Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default How long does it take for zulily.com orders to ship?

If you've ordered from zulily, how long did it take for your order to ship? I ordered over the weekend and haven't received any kind of update. Their website banner just said "guaranteed Christmas delivery" whichhas me worried. I'm used to the speed of Zappo's and amazon.com Prime orders - a month is way too long! Plus, I actually need the items I ordered pretty soon. Thanks for sharing any BTDT experience with zulily.com.

for Sandy Hook

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I ordered the Duo stroller from Zulily on 10/22 and finally received it 11/11 (3 weeks later). The carrycot came in a separate box, but they called and said it was the wrong one, so they said they were going to mail a new one as well as the raincover that was supposed to come with the stroller but never arrived. Also the handlebar foam was dented in multiple places. I called them 11/15 and they had me email pics of the damage and said they would check with Mountain Buggy and get back to me. I never heard back from them and am still waiting for my rain cover and carrycot. So I called Zulily today and they said they would be shipping "soon" and when I asked them about the handlebar they said they would talk to MB again. Zulily left a message on my phone saying they would send a new replacement stroller to me. But then they sent an email saying that actually, they would not be sending a new stroller and that I needed to contact Mountain Buggy directly about the handlebar. They did give me a $50 credit, but I am still annoyed because it's been over five weeks and I still don't have the complete order. And if they weren't going to do anything about the handlebar they should have told me right away so I could have contacted MB myself and gotten it fixed already. I think the problem with Zulily is that they don't actually stock anything that they sell. The stuff has to be shipped first from the manufacturer to Zulily and then, after more delay, from Zulily to the customer so that makes it slooowww. I too am spoiled by Amazon and diapers.com fast shipping and good customer service. Plus they don't seem to stand behind what they're selling if it's defective. Not happy I gotta say.
    Last edited by goldenpig; 11-30-2010 at 05:34 AM.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

i ordered one thing from them-- le toy fan play food. it took FOREVER to come. i didn't get a notice about it until about 3 days before it arrived. i'd say it was over 3 weeks --but it was over 2 before it shipped. i'm pretty sure they say something about that on the website. i've ordered from hautelook.com before and it was the same thing. 10-14 business days before something ships? something like that

it is a pain...especially when you're used to quick shipping. i was shocked how long some magiccabin.com stuff took (not backordered, just regular and THEN i had to call them because something i specifically checked on was backordered ...whichwas pretty frustrating)-- i guess i'm pretty spoiled usually!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ugh, sounds awful, esp goldenpig's experience! Not sure it's worth the fairly small savings to shop there again.

for Sandy Hook

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yes, they take a long time to ship, but they do disclose that on their site. I am still happy with my purchase because I got an MB at a deep discount, but like goldenpig I am also waiting for a replacement carrycot and a rain cover that has not yet arrived. So far, I am pleased with their CS but the jury is still out for me on whether I want to use them again.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I almost bought a red Trilogi coat for DD on Zulily but bought a similar/nicer one on Overstock instead, for about the same price. I am so glad I did that because it shipped quickly (less than a week) and we were able to use it for her holiday pictures this Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure I still wouldn't have gotten the Zulily one by now.

I contacted MB and they said the replacement handlebars are on backorder and they will ship one "when it is available". Gah! I just want to be able to get my money back from this purchase and move on. I may have to just sell it with the dented handlebar.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Goldenpig, I would just get a stroll air cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Stroll-Air-Uni.../dp/B001CWYSZI

They told me yesterday that remaining items were shipping out today.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Goldenpig, I would just get a stroll air cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Stroll-Air-Uni.../dp/B001CWYSZI

They told me yesterday that remaining items were shipping out today.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm probably going to sell the Duo since the BJ Summit XC seems like it'll work better for our needs, so I'm not going to buy anything else for it. I've been waiting for everything to get here before I can list it, and now that the handlebar replacement is on backorder I have no idea when I will be able to actually sell this thing. I was kinda hoping to recoup my cash before the holidays but it doesn't look like that will happen.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

That's why I suggested it - faster than waiting for the replacement handlebar.

I would cover it because people may want to discount the price more than $20 for that on CL. Just an idea.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    That's why I suggested it - faster than waiting for the replacement handlebar.

I would cover it because people may want to discount the price more than $20 for that on CL. Just an idea.
    Oh, that's a good thought. I'm waiting to hear back from MB on how long it will take to get the handlebar and if it's going to be too long then maybe I'll do what you suggest.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast