WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Photoshop help request

I'm trying to crop a car out of the corner of what would be an okay Christmas card picture. I have Elements 7, but can't get the clone stamp tool to work. Can anyone help me? I've got the car highlighted, but I can't seem to pick up the leaf pattern on the side to duplicate it. TIA!

if you are using PC:

to use the clone stamp tool, you need to hover the mouse over what you are going to clone. ALT-click. that defines the source point. then hover the mouse over what you want to replace and start painting in (hold click on the mouse). hope that helps.

if you're on the mac, i'm not sure cuz i havent used photoshop on the mac yet, but i'm assuming command-click instead of ALT-click. i could be wrong about that.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

ok, thanks! I wonder if this would be easier if I had an actual mouse, not just a laptop mouse square touchpad. I was able to zoom us in enough that the car was not seen in the picture, but boy, we are going to be HUGE since costco cards are already oversized. Not sure I want to be so prominent with my gray roots... thanks for your help. I may be able to fix this now!