Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default White noise app?

I'm thinking of getting a marpac noise machine, but is there an iPhone app any of you would recommend I try before shelling out for the marpac?

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I dunno about iPhone, but my Droid has Lightning Bug, and it's good for white noise. Vairous kinds. They may make one for iPhone. It was free!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

I have the I phone free app and love it for travel.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have Sleep Machine for my iTouch. It's great, you can choose from several soothing sounds and even mix them togther. I have the free version which allows you to mix 3 sounds and you have a choice of 10 (?) sounds. The full version has more sounds.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We use http://www.simplynoise.com/ at home. I've never used their apps, but they have them for iPhone and Android.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

I have the free version of the app called Whitenoise. I only use it when we travel because I have an old Brookstone sound machine I use at home but it's worked well for me.
    Debbie

I don't remember which app, but I searched iTunes for white noise and picked one with water sounds for 99 cents. Downloaded it onto an old iPod and use an old docking station with speakers and we have a great white noise set up for dd's nursery.

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I don't remember which app, but I searched iTunes for white noise and picked one with water sounds for 99 cents. Downloaded it onto an old iPod and use an old docking station with speakers and we have a great white noise set up for dd's nursery.

Catherine

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post

Catherine
    Exactly what I did.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sidmand View Post
    I have the free version of the app called Whitenoise. I only use it when we travel because I have an old Brookstone sound machine I use at home but it's worked well for me.
    whitenoise lite is free and great. has sleep timer and lots of different sounds. We've used it for a couple of years now. It was great when we'd travel with DS. They have a full version, but I've never needed the extra features.

http://www.tmsoft.com/iphone-whitenoise.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast