View Poll Results: Which do you prefer for receiving holiday cards?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mail

85 95.51%
  • Email

3 3.37%
  • Other

2 2.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Holiday cards mail or email?

Which do you prefer to receive?

Via mail
    Via email

I think mailed cards have that personal touch that emailed cards lack. Plus, I just love getting mail that isn't a bill!
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I prefer regular mail. HOWEVER, it gets expensive quickly. A few years ago when finances were uncertain we did e-mail cards. It just didn't feel the same to me. Also, but careful of the e-card services. using them shares all your friends and families e-mail with mass mailing services...

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I do love getting cards in the mail. But then I don't know what to do with them other than keep them. I guess I need to start putting them all in an album or something.

Having said that, if we (ever) get around to doing Christmas cards this year, they will be emailed. I simply don't have the energy to do it the proper, old-fashioned way

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are working on cards tonight and they will be mailed; i just think in the grand scheme of so much being done electronically, i like to send and receive real, actual cards!

Of course finances do trumpet over the end result if need be.

Also, do most print extra cards? I did an extra set of 25 at costco because the $5 charge seems much more reasonable than having to possible re print a whole 'nother order etc.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We tape all the cards to our dining room and bedroom doors. DD gets the cards from her friends' families, DSs get the cards from their friends' families and all the rest go on the dining room. The emailed ones are sort of done once and forgotten.

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    We are working on cards tonight and they will be mailed; i just think in the grand scheme of so much being done electronically, i like to send and receive real, actual cards!

Of course finances do trumpet over the end result if need be.

Also, do most print extra cards? I did an extra set of 25 at costco because the $5 charge seems much more reasonable than having to possible re print a whole 'nother order etc.
    I love paper cards, for the reasons stated by the PPs. I ordered some extra of the cards I ordered, it wasn't that much extra to order a few more, and I wanted to have them just in case. There are also at least a few people who come out of the woodwork each year and send us a card when they weren't on our list, so I feel like I need to be prepared.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

There almost always a deal for almost free photo cards. I got 25 for $ 2.49 shipped this year ( some slick deals deal). Less than $20 spent this year including postage since I used my own candid picture. I have a 2 year old and 5 month old, they’re so cute even amateur photos are nice.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love receiving photo cards. I like the other ones, too, but I can live without them as we just end up recycling those, whereas the photo cards stay up all year (at least some of them).
    That said, I have switched to email because I just don't have the energy anymore. For years I sent out over 100-150 cards every single year. One year I skipped it because we were traveling and I didn't have the energy that time, and I got some calls from very concerned long distance friends

Before I completely switched, at one point I only sent them to long distance friends and relatives who don't get to see the kids. Now with FB, I no longer see the need, though it would be nice, I know.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis