newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default What's a good 1st pair of scissors....

for DD1? She will be three next month. I know they should be as dull as possible and have rounded "points", but I was just wondering if anyone had a specific brand or "type" of scissor they like best for young toddlers just starting out.

Thanks!!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

A simple pair of blunt tip kids fiskars work well with supervision. They are just a few dollars and available everywhere. We tried the safety scissors that don't cut hair but they are just about impossible to use.
    http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...s-Grades-PreK/
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Yep fiskar are great. I bought some plastic scissors that could only cut paper but they were very hard for DS to use (he was about 3 at the time) that they just made him frustrated. I then got the fiskars and he's great with scissors and his 2.5 year old sister isn't bad either.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We started with the blunt tipped, plastic handle scissors at that age (come generic brand at Target). Fiskars are suppose to be great.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

We also used plastic ones to cut a lot of play-doh. Not worth anything on any other substance (used Fiskars blunt tip ones for paper), but good for getting the hand action down.

We use the blunt tipped Crayola ones and like them. We bought ours at Michaels but I'm sure they are widely available. DD says that they work much better than the ones they have at preschool!
    Lindsay

DD 12/06
    DS 08/09