Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Amazon Prime--Return Shipping?

I know this is probably a dumb question but I thought I should check first--Do I have to pay for return shipping if I have Amazon Prime? I got my niece the wrong lego set. I am probably going to try returning it to ToysRUs for credit but am not sure that would work either. So I am wondering if there is any possibility that Amazon pays return shipping for Amazon Prime.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Depends on the item and whether you bought it from amazon or a third party seller. Go to Your Account, search for the order and click on return items for more information.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

If it was your mistake, then you have to pay for return shipping. If it was their mistake, they will pay for return shipping.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If it's a baby item, they claim it's covered by free returns for 365 days. I'm assuming that includes free shipping. I've returned 2 things to amazon in the many years I've shopped there, and not had to pay shipping in either case. One was their error, the other was just my preference - I called them and they emailed me a free ship label. So call!

for Sandy Hook

If it's a baby item bought directly from Amazon, you can return it within 365 days, free of charge. I've returned big packages of diapers that way twice now. Just have to go to Your Orders and complete the directions for returning items.
    DS1 08.2010
    DS2 04.2012

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Prime includes free return shipping. Ive returned stuf and they reimbursed me for the shipping, OR they emailed me a pre-paid shipping label which I could just print out and stick to the parcel

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    Prime includes free return shipping. Ive returned stuf and they reimbursed me for the shipping, OR they emailed me a pre-paid shipping label which I could just print out and stick to the parcel
    Does it really? Do you have a link to where it states that on Amazon's site?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    yes, I'd love to know this too.

ETA: wow, less than a 2 minute call and apparently it's a prepaid label amazon just sent to me. SWEET!!! Easy, easy, easy! let's hope the refund goes back on our CC just as fast/smooth
    Last edited by calv; 12-23-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Same here, I've never heard this before, and I had the paid prime membership until Amazon Mom came about.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    The only time this has been true for me (and I've had paid prime in the past) was if I was returning a defective item. They always pay for returning shipping in that situation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast