Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Do LL Bean Wicked Good slippers ever go on sale?

Still on my search for the perfect slipper DH got me some very nice Bearpaw shearling mocs for Christmas but they were way too big and I'm having a hard time finding similar ones for the great price that he originally paid (SIL bought them off me, so I have money for a replacement pair). I bought a pair of the Chandra scuffs from Target that I've seen recommended here but there is no padding on the bottom other than the faux fur, and after standing in them for 10 minutes my heels hurt. The LL Bean ones look awesome, but I can't bring myself to spend $50 on a pair of slipper! Do they ever go on sale? Or any other recs (DH spent $31 on the Bearpaw ones on a Black Friday sale, so something close to that would be great).

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I got mine (wearing them right now) with a bunch of my $10 off coupons from before Christmas. I've never seen them on sale.

They rock, BTW.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I don't know that I've seen them go on sale, but I will say that they're worth every penny of what they cost. They are the absolute best slippers that I've ever had. And they last a really long time if you take care of them.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brookemd View Post
    I don't know that I've seen them go on sale, but I will say that they're worth every penny of what they cost. They are the absolute best slippers that I've ever had. And they last a really long time if you take care of them.

And, I've worn through mine (stitching at the big toe busted) and LLBean replaced them. I actually went to the store with the old pair just asking for them to show me the same thing so I could buy a new pair, and they offered to replace them on the spot.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

They had those "40% off any one item" days before Christmas. I don't know if they'll be doing anything like that soon, but I think it would apply to the slippers if they do.

ETA: Nevermind, that's Lands End. I get the two confused
    Last edited by indigo99; 01-02-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

I had to replace my shearling slippers from Lands End Overstocks that I got 4 years ago so I bought the replacement from LL Bean this time. The LE slippers were worth every penny (it was on sale for $20) but b/c it was light-colored, they got dirty pretty quickly (and you can't wash them) so while they were super warm & comfy, I wanted to get dark-colored pair this time around, which I found at LL Bean. These seem to never go on sale so I bought them when LL Bean was having "Get $10 gift card by spending $50 + free shipping" campaign and also combined that with their 10% off email offer. I'm really happy with my purchase and am contemplating buying a pair for DH as well!

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was just about to purchase Ugg slippers. Do you think the LLBean ones are better?
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lcarlson90 View Post
    I was just about to purchase Ugg slippers. Do you think the LLBean ones are better?
    I bought Ugg slippers last year before Christmas and less than 6 months later most of the lining inside was gone in several spots. No more Ugg slippers for me. I have a pair of the LL Bean's that I will be getting from the three Kings.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmama View Post
    but b/c it was light-colored, they got dirty pretty quickly (and you can't wash them)
    OT, but i wanted to let you know that i've washed mine and DH's several times. cold water, delicate, air dry. works fine for us!

I splurged on the UGG ones (on sale at Garnet Hill last year but still expensive) and the insides are all matted down and not as comfy anymore. They only got worn about half the year too since I only use them when it's cold and I live in Atlanta.

I am going to try the LL Bean ones next since I don't want to have to keep buying new slippers every year and I did like the initial soft feel and warmth of the Ugg's.
    Mom to R and R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast