Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Wink just for fun: What AG doll/accessories would you get and why?

there are so many pretty ones aren't there? I like Josefina because of her brown eyes/brown hair and of course earrings. doesn't it cost $14 just to have a dolls ears done? W/that said, I don't love all her accessories but there are always the other AG outfits to buy/put on her.

DD wants to get Rebbecca. But then again, now w/the NEW AG of the year, she's quite the pretty one as well!

where do you get clothes for the dolls. always at the AG store?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DD1 is going to get one Bitty Twin for her 5th birthday this year (I am on the fence if she really needs two dolls!). Sometimes she wants the hispanic doll and other times she wants the blond doll. We have an AG store in Los Angeles so that is where I will get DD1 to doll and you can buy single twins from the stores.. I will most likely buy the clothes from Etsy if I can find some sellers. Maybe one or two outfits from the AG Catalog, but I would love to keep the bulk of the clothes from small sellers. Yes ear piercing is $14 so Josefina is a deal. I will also get DD1's bitty twin some glasses since DD1 wears glasses.

If and when they discontinue Josefina I will be getting that doll for both of my girls because of their hispanic heritage. I might also get Molly when she gets discontinued because that is the doll I always wanted for myself, but never got becuase I was 10+ yrs. old when they became popular and I never really had $90 in the late 80s to be spending on dolls.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-03-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love Julie and all her accessories because she is me.

I also love Kit because she is the same city and era my mom grew up in. Reading her books reminds me of the stories mom would tell of growing up in Cincinnati during the depression.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I like the Bitty Twins (shocker.)
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I too love Josefina because of my Spanish/Hispanic heritage!

we need an AG doll deal thread. Also a great seller, I.E. at etsy where you can find cute/resonable clothing for them. just saying =)

I would get Kit because I like her hair and I think she has the cutest clothes. DD has talked about saving her money for Kit but since she got Felicity for Christmas, I think that might have been put off.

I also really like Julie. Again, great hair and fun clothes! DD has no real interest in Julie, though. Oh well, maybe my younger DD will appreciate her more. lol.

For me, I would get Julie and every single accessory because she is me. (except I grew up in a small town, not a city and didn't have divorced parents, but the era and the clothes and the long blonde straight hair is me)

My older daughter is working towards getting Julie now. She got Felicity for Christmas from my mom. I'll be buying up the accessories and Elizabeth to put aside for her since it is now discontinued.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like Ruthie best (Kit's friend) and all of their stuff. Alas, it probably isn't going to happen. Ellie wants an 18" AG doll but when faced with a AG doll or other option she has always gone with the other option. So I don't know if she will end up with one or not. She likes some of the "My AG" dolls. I definitely see one in Audrey's future. She is way more into dolls than Ellie and has co-opted all of her dolls. Right now the girl's have Bitty Twins. Ellie's is put away (the curly hair is such a bother) but Audrey's gets played with fairly often.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

I have samantha from childhood-- she was the most wanted doll EVER , i'm convinced when i got her from santa (my last santa year), i thought i was dreaming i would sleep with the catalog- it was magic

i'm on an email list of adult AG collectors-- and have been for nearly 15 years. when i got married, they bought me Kit and sent a bunch of extra things too it was so special! since then i've gotten felicity and kirsten and a bunch of their stuff for various holidays (i pretty much bought the stuff myself and said "you're done!") i don't have as much kit,felicity and kirsten stuff-- i have nearly ALL of the Samantha stuff -- she's still my favorite!

there are a few things i wish i had- josephina's piano, the AGOT piano, and i'd love to have Addy i'd also love to have the whole "kaya" collection because it's so different and i've always wanted a tipi!

i just realized- i also really like Ruthie.... and i really like the samovar set for rebecca. i like the accessories as much as the dolls, cantcha tell?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast