Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Favorite bottles?

What is your favorite bottle? Our baby doesn't really have gas issues, so I'd like a bottle without too many parts. We tried Dr Brown's and Born Free, but baby doesn't really like them, plus they have a lot of parts. I almost tried the Playtex Drop-Ins but read some reviews that it's hard to tell how much baby has eaten which is important to us right now. I've heard Avent tend to leak. I'd like a bottle that comes in a 4oz, 6oz, 8oz sizes if possible.

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We tried what I feel like was EVERY bottle made. After going through all of expensive ones, I grabbed one at Target on the rack by the checkout stands and low and behold the only one by baby will take (and its still a struggle!) is the cheap playtex ventaire advanced. It comes in a "standard nipple" and "wide based nipple", we got the wide based by coincidence but I'm still nursing and that happens to be the one for breastfed babies.

good luck!

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I use the orginal ventair bottles. My DD liked the narrow "standard width" better than the wide even though she was BF. I have a few of the new 'advanced' style and I like them too.

I know it sounds like a pain to have 4 pieces but I really like the removable bottoms. I have two solid bottom bottles and I find them harder to get the bottom clean if its not rinsed right after using it. The colored parts of the ventair don't touch the milk so I just soak them in the soapy water while I wash the clear part then rinse in hot water. The clear part is so much easier to clean when its open on both ends, you can really scrub any gross dried on milk or gunk.

Plain old glass evenflos. Or Earthlust stainless steel.

Catherine

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Plain old glass evenflos. Or Earthlust stainless steel.
    I love the idea of the stainless steel, but we need to be able to see how much DC has eaten. I will look at the evenflo - these sound great. Thanks!

Any other recs?

I know that all the reviews say that Avent bottles leak but I never found that to be true with the new yellow-tinted BPA free bottles. We also used MAM - not the bottles that are anti-colic with the million parts the but one-piece kind.

First we used the Medela ones that came with my PISA. Then when I needed more I bought the Gerber multi-colored bottles and used those interchangeably with the Medela. I liked that they were made in the USA, very cheap, you can purchase back-up nipples and bottles at almost any grocery or drug store, and they were compatible with my pump. However, I didn't use the yellow rubber nipples that came with the bottles. I tossed those and for a couple bucks bought the silicone ones Gerber sells.
    Last edited by Claki; 03-26-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typo
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the playtex ventair and we like them. They are really easy to clean because the bottoms come off.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Might be a dumb idea but can't you pour out what's left over into a measuring cup to see how much is left? That way you aren't really limited. After a while you get good at guessing how much is left by looks or feel. Also, you know how much you put in so you'd be able to gauge if all, some, or little was consumed just by comparing it to how it looked when you started. I think you can get the hang out of any of them with a very short learning curve. We did the Playtex drop ins for the occasional bottles we used. I guess bf'ing has made me not very number conscious though...no ounce markers on the boobs.

Beth

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

we LOVED playtex drop ins. I never had a problem figuring out how much they ate. You will likely get to the point quite soon where it doesn't matter how many mL's the baby took--it's fine to have a guess to the nearest ounce. You would be able to get that from any bottle, even stainless (some are marked on the inside so you can look down from the top)
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast