Thread: Sheet Situation

Default Sheet Situation

This might be totally silly...but we are getting ready for my almost 3 year old to move to a big girl bed next week.

What is the safest sheet situation for kids? Right now she is in her crib with a toddler pillow and a blanket. Do we stick with that for awhile? I'm at a loss here - new territory and getting nervous!

We started the kids with a top sheet at about 3 - they don't always use it right - they're so used to just blankets, but 11 months later they're getting the hang of it.

I don't know about it in terms of safety, though.
    -Kate

Mom to Sally & Leo - 2/20/07

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We moved our daughter to her big girl bed at about 2 1/2. In the crib she was using a toddler pillow and a Halo walker sleepsack. Once she moved to the twin bed I gave her a full size pillow and a big comforter. We don't use the top sheet because she was getting tangled in it and it just wasn't worth the struggle. So she has a twin fitted sheet, regular adult pillow +pillowcase and a twin comforter. I wash the comforter more often than I would if she had a top sheet. HTH!
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

Thanks! I guess we'll just see what happens and check on her the first night or two. She is so excited about the big girl bed, I think she'll want to just jump right into the whole thing. She's more ready than I am!