Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default We need longer shirts for DH - driving me crazy!!! -

My DH has to be the pickiest man alive (hmm..sensory issues???) he wants his tees and polos to have long enough sleeves, be thick enough to not show chest hair, not come up too far on the front or back of his neck, be a pleasing shade of red, yellow, blue or green, and be long enough that he can touch the ceiling without the shirt coming untucked. You know, because we all go around touching the ceiling....

This morning he started to wear a l/s tee from LLB from 10 years ago to a mens leadership talk at church. I thought it was inappropriate and asked him to get any of the bunches of collared shirts we've gotten him at Costco in the past 6-9 months. He said they were all too short and too tight. They are XL, and they looked like they fit well, but he couldn't wear them because of the length.

Do any stores carry shirts that run a little longer in the torso? Is there a long and lean cut that isn't huge? He's a thin(ish) guy, but 6' tall. Seems like he's in the norm height/weight wise, so I find it bizarre that no companies make shirts that will work for him. Any ideas?

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

They make tall mens shirts. I know JCPenny carries them I used to buy them for my dad. Dad was 6ft1in but really long in the torso. JCPenny Tall covered his plumber's crack They carry them in the store also.
    Last edited by JBaxter; 02-05-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

LE Tall are good!

Beth

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Duluth Trading Company has longtail t's - to prevent Plumber's butt...

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm glad to hear my DH isn't the only one with extreme clothing pickiness. It drives me crazy. He is also 6'4" and on top of that has a really long torso, so tall shirts are a must.

He really likes the Eddie Bauer Tall tees. IIRC, they have a tall version of everything in their line, which is awesome. (If not everything, it's a whole bunch of stuff). We travel through a town with a outlet and have gotten some great deals. They also sometimes run deals online.

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH is the same way! He's 6'2", trim, and buys 2XL (!!!) shirts so they are long enough. They're long, but they are HUGE around his torso, and he looks frumpy. I never even thought of buying Tall shirts.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I second Melanie's rec. Eddie Bauer XLTall. The quality is great, they do not shrink in the wash, they are long enough for DH. He used to buy 2XL just for the length and it just looked full and still didn't make the length right.

For dress shirts their wrinkle free is amazing. DH wears these every day for work he rotates through 5 shirts that he wears every week for a year. He wads them up and throws them in the hamper, we do laundry on Saturdays and they all come out with the creases still in the arms and no extra wrinkles. And they stay tucked in even when he's lifting DD to touch the ceiling

Their polos are thick, and they come in tall length.

DH will now not buy anything else.

Avoid Van Heusen dress shirts (don't know about polos) if the option presents. They shrink and are wrinkly.

let73 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My DH was also buying XL shirts for length(he is a L) and they looked sloppy on him. We went into Eddie Bauer looking for shirts one day and the sales associate told us about their tall sizing. He tried them on and it made a big difference! They are the only shirts he will buy now.
    DD 12/05

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DH is 6'5'' and has this same problem. I have to buy him "Tall" sizes or they won't fit right.
    He loves the polos from JCP in their Big and Tall section. I get him the XLT and he says it is the perfect length.
    I also order shirts from LE because they have a nice tall section. I bought him a LE fleece in XLT size for Christmas and he wears it all the time now!
    Gap does Tall sizes too, but I don't think he has any shirts from there.
    I have also bought him Eddie Bauer shirts from their outlet in Tall sizes.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Do they have the Tall shirts in EB stores? I have a coupon from the entertainment book for in-store use. It is $10 off $50. Maybe we'll head out to return these 4 to Costco and order new ones today! You guys totally rock. Truly...you do... If I can get him to pick some colors that are "acceptable" maybe we'll be set.

Here are the pants he wears daily. He gets 2 pairs to add to the 2 old pairs, but then decides that he has grown and the old ones no longer fit. Instead of having 4 pairs, he's back down to only having 2 pairs. http://www.altrec.com/columbia/mens-lander-pant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast