Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Car battery charger

Does anyone have one of the car battery chargers that you can use yourself if the battery dies? My new battery is dead because I forgot and left the interior light on. DH is not here today. No one is around. We have a wimpy charging unit that does not work. I'm waiting for roadside assistance through our insurance. I'm frustrated as the driver just called to say he's lost and it has been two hours.

I want a charger that has a good amount of power for my van.

TIA
    Last edited by Ceepa; 02-05-2011 at 04:02 PM.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH and I both keep one in our cars. Both have been used and worked fine (to jump start Surburbans). Mine cost around $70 maybe and his was around $100 but has an air compressor. They both came from Sears. We originally got them as he was having unexplained power drains and had the battery die a couple of times. Good luck! Nothing worse than being stranded by your car!
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have one made by Black and Decker that was purchased at Walmart. I don't see the model we have online, but it was around $30/$40. It has come in handy many times.

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks, I'll check stores nearby next week. The one the roadside guy used on my car is $120 on Amazon so I'm glad to hear people have ones they like for less money.