Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Calling all crafty momma's..... How do I do this??

I decoupaged (sp?) some wooden letters for my dd's room, and they came out beautiful. For my next project, I would like to make something like this for my mantle:

I will have DH cut the wood, and I will decoupage them, but I have no idea how to put the print/font onto them. Is this something I download off from somewhere? Do I purchase letters somewhere and stick them on?

I also like how the letters are two different colors, I may do something like that as well.

ETA: I don't have to use this specific font

Thanks!
    Last edited by artvandalay; 02-06-2011 at 10:39 PM.

I would buy a paint pen and hand letter it
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another way would be to print the letters out of good quality paper (probably from a laser printer, not inkjet, as the ink might bleed when you decoupage), and then cut them out. Or even cut out a template that you could transfer onto the paper you want to use for the letters.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Have you looked at the scrapbooking section of Michael's or AC Moore? I would check there for letters you like.

buy alphabet stickers from the scrapbook area
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Those are so cute! I would not want the apostrophe, though. It shows possession, not the plural. It should be "The Yules" unless they are trying to show possession, which should be the possessive plural "The Yules' House" or "The Yules's House."

Just a pet peeve of mine...

I am envious of families with one last name. We have three in our house, so I can't do anything like that. The Miller/Jones/Johnsons just doesn't look as cute!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    Or even cut out a template that you could transfer onto the paper you want to use for the letters.
    Do you mean print out the letter, then cut it out and use the paper .. kind of like a stencil?

Also good idea to check scrapbooking sections... I guess I didn't realize they made letters that big.

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Most likely they were cut using a scrapbooking gizmo called a die cutter. They are pretty expensive but its not uncommon for a scrapbooker to have one so maybe one of your friends could do it. Also lots of scrabooking stores have them and will sell you a cut of a dollar or two.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Do you mean print out the letter, then cut it out and use the paper .. kind of like a stencil?
    Yes, that's it. But if you could borrow a die cut machine, that would be ideal!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast