Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAnn View Post
    Also lots of scrabooking stores have them and will sell you a cut of a dollar or two.
    Great ideas everyone! I don't think any of my friends are into scrapbooking (neither am I) but otherwise I would ask to borrow this thing in a heartbeat... if I went to JoAnn/Michaels, would they sell me a cut of this? And by cut you mean they would sell me individual letters?

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm pretty handy with a pair of scissors, but those would be next to impossible to cut perfectly by hand, imo. If you find a more basic font, that could work though.

I would lean towards finding die cuts or stickers. One other option would be stamping. You can find large letter stamps at craft stores as well, but depending on if you could find one set that would work for you or not, it might end up adding up cost-wise.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Quote Originally Posted by JTsMom View Post
    I'm pretty handy with a pair of scissors, but those would be next to impossible to cut perfectly by hand, imo. If you find a more basic font, that could work though.
    Yeah, I figured if I went this route, it would have to be kind of a straight-ish font and I would use an exacto knife to cut out the word.

I could just paint the letters freehand, like a PP mentioned, but I"m nervous to do so. I guess if I messed it up I could just decoupage another paper over it. I may head over to a craft store to check out my options.

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i have zero experience with this website, but they will do custom stencils for you and have many fonts to choose from:

http://www.juststencils.com/letter-stencils

cute project!
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

I would use a laserjet printer and print the letters on the paper then tear my paper to fit my blocks.

Most people doing these projects are using Cricuts or Silhouettes to do the cutting and alot of them are vinyl. I am lusing after a Silhouette but just can't get DH to go along with letting me buy one yet!
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Tons of etsy sellers sell die cut letters. I would find a font you like and contact a seller to set up a custom listing for them. (You could also do alchemy and have people contact you) I bet you could get it done for less than $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I thought it meant the possessive, as in the Yule's House.
    True, but the way it is written it is a singular possessive. So unless the owner of the house goes by "The Yule," (like the formal title of the head of a clan in Ireland or Scotland), it is incorrect. If it is a family and they wanted a possessive form, it should be "The Yules' " (showing that there is more than one Yule).
    Cheri

Mommy to...
    DD1 6/2/04
    DS 3/9/07
    and finally welcomed DD2 on 8/25/2011!

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoEliana View Post
    True, but the way it is written it is a singular possessive. So unless the owner of the house goes by "The Yule," (like the formal title of the head of a clan in Ireland or Scotland), it is incorrect. If it is a family and they wanted a possessive form, it should be "The Yules' " (showing that there is more than one Yule).
    It should either be "The Yules" (if it's in reference to their family) or "The Yules'" (if it's in reference to a family home).
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Quote Originally Posted by Babymakes3 View Post
    I would use a laserjet printer and print the letters on the paper then tear my paper to fit my blocks.
    !
    Do you mean just use the scrapbook paper that I'm going to use for the decoupaging (sp?) and just feed that into the printer instead of regular paper? Hmmm.. interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Do you mean just use the scrapbook paper that I'm going to use for the decoupaging (sp?) and just feed that into the printer instead of regular paper? Hmmm.. interesting!
    Yup! I would tear the edges of the paper to fit your blocks so you don't end up with perfect edges. You can also get some distressing ink at your craft store and lightly smudge it on the edges to give it a bit of visual texture.

I hunted thru my saved project ideas and found this way too.
    http://thecreativecrate.blogspot.com...ul-blocks.html
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast