View Poll Results: What do you think about stroller frames and car seat adapters?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are useful for quick errands/limited use.

65 59.63%
  • They are the best thing since sliced bread. I used mine a ton.

27 24.77%
  • Car seats are for cars. Never used a stroller frame or car seat adapter.

16 14.68%
  • Wha wha what?

1 0.92%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Could not have survived without one

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree, super convenient for quick trips only and when they are really little. I hate using mine now and avoid if possible, but my husband still loves it for quick trips. I just can't easily lift a 20+ lb baby and carseat comfortably, plus the baby HATES it.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am not a fan. Never used either one. I am glad that people here use them for limited period of time! I just cringe at the overuse I see sometimes and kinda wish they were not compatible to prevent that kind of situation.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I always thought they were such a waste when I had my girls but got one with DS because it was a good deal and the car seat came with it. I love it for errands, but hate it for walks.

I have a SNG, and we did use it for quick trips a lot when DD was little-up until she was about seven-eight months old. If we were going to be out for longer than twenty minutes or so, I'd either wear her or put her in the regular stroller. Also, about that age is when she was able to ride in a shopping cart easily. I also cringe when I see babies over six months in the car seat for a long time-I know my munchkin hated the car seat after six months, so I'd bet those are not happy babies!
    My little leprechaun is becoming a toddler! Redheaded DD 03/10

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I am not a fan. Never used either one. I am glad that people here use them for limited period of time! I just cringe at the overuse I see sometimes and kinda wish they were not compatible to prevent that kind of situation.
    I cringe when I see people "off-roading" with them. I once had a mother tell me at the park that I shouldn't have DD in just the stroller because it didn't support her neck enough on the bumps, and I should have her in the car seat attached to the stroller! Sigh!
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I cringe when I see people "off-roading" with them. I once had a mother tell me at the park that I shouldn't have DD in just the stroller because it didn't support her neck enough on the bumps, and I should have her in the car seat attached to the stroller! Sigh!
    This kind of information needs to be coming from pediatricians. I personally had no idea about the issues with car seats and (wrongly) ASSuMEd that car seats were safer as well. Before finding this site I had NEVER heard anyone tell me to limit car seat use and my oldest is almost 4 years old!
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

We're not expecting our first until May, but after spending time on this board I made sure to ask all three of the pediatricians we interviewed (and our OB, who is a mom of two under 4) about their opinion on car seats use with strollers. All three (and they are all EXTREMELY well-respected pediatricians affiliated with world-class research and teaching hospitals in San Francisco) said basically the same thing: it's not a big deal especially if it makes mom's life easier, but better not to have the baby in there for hours at a time. I was a little surprised, having expected to hear very clear and straightforward advice one way or the other. My sense is that pediatricians are very wary of coming down hard on one side or the other, at risk of alienating a subset of parents regardless of what they say. And/or, the medical world still is not in agreement about the risks vs benefits.

So even when you ask your pediatrician (or multiple pediatricians) the answer you get may not be very helpful... frustrating to those of us who are doing everything we can to figure out what will be best for our baby when they arrive.

Mine was invaluable to me for plane travel in the first four months of DS's life, but if we ever have a #2 I hope to avoid both the earlier air travel and the snap n go. Also I struggled to get a handle on babywearing after my c-section, but I think I'd be more successful a second time around.

I have to say though, the 3 wheel Zapp is one good looking snap n go!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Blackbird, I have found that pediatricians are pretty clueless about car seat isues for the most part. For example, many of them do not know anything about the benefits of extended rear facing.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast