Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    I was seeing like $135 for the G-luxe for 2010 models. I don't know enough about them to know what the new features (if any) are on the 2011.

http://www.pishposhbaby.com/uppababy...7c0061HM_d_JKE

The Maclarens have more of a plushy material feel, and the G-luxe has more of a...meshy feel to the fabric. Not uncomfortable. But it kind of looks like it would be easy to snag it on something.

If you go back to the comparison photos from yesterday and look at the Part II ones, look at the green G-luxe my older DD is sitting in. When you click on the picture, you can zoom in (the little magnifying glass with a + sign on the right) and when it opens up, double click on the picture a few times (you can move the image around). Look by her leg...you can see the meshyness/textured type of fabric it has versus the Quests more solid type of fabric. I can't tell you about the Quests' fabric because depending on which one you choose it could be suede, canvas, denim, etc.
    UppaBaby changed the fabrics on the 2011 model of G-luxe and it is no longer mesh. I like mine with the mesh, though, it is great for the summer and I use a footmuff in the winter anyway. Haven't tried the new fabric ones, they might be cool in the summer too, I don't know.

Just a note -- do not get any of the light colored models -- I've seen some very dirty g-luxes where I live -- green and red ones, I am guessing when older children get into the seats muddy they can muddy them and I think they are harder to clean. I have cleaned mine (I have black) though I never had severe messes. I like the liners on the Macs for that, you can wash them, right, but still I like the G-luxe better (I mean, I would just use some other liner on it).

The navy and black g-luxe are nice and dark so I would get that. I love the Navy but I couldn't bring myself to get it for a girl.

Btw, this pishposhbaby link looks like a 2009 model -- only one layer of the pop out canopy. But then it says it is 2010 -- I would call to ask them about it before I commit.
    Last edited by jerry_mishkata; 02-17-2011 at 09:12 AM.

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am 5'2", so I have never kicked the frame of my flite, but my husband is 6' and he hadn't never complained about it, which makes me think he doesn't kick it. It doesn't have an elevated frame that I can tell.

Regarding the 2 lb. difference, I was worried about that also, but it is very light, and I'm a weakling

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

OP, I would get this instead of a Quest or G-Luxe! It's a Ryder and comes loaded with accessories.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2507066...=263602_309572
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

lhafer - The weight limit for the 2011 G-Luxe was increased from 40 lbs. to 50 lbs.

The G-Luxe is supposed to have shock suspension on all four wheels. None for the Quest? Was this noticeable to you? Is it a difference maker between the two models?
    Last edited by MamaMichelle; 02-18-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: change

I think the quest is kinda cuter. And about the same price, not much more
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Maclaren-Quest-G...#ht_2103wt_689
    The Mac guy has them from time to time for 110 shipped....
    I haven't tried the g luxe but I love my vista so maybe I would like it.

I checked out the G-Luxe 2011 in person yesterday and it is awesome! The canopy and plush new seat (that's soooo easy to remove and wash) are amazing. I ordered one and am planning on giving my Quest to my mom who watches DD full time or selling it. The canopy, standing fold, easy access basket, suspension and plush seat - and Uppa's customer service - sold me. Can't wait for my new stroller to come!!!
    Mom to DD 8/09

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
    I checked out the G-Luxe 2011 in person yesterday and it is awesome! The canopy and plush new seat (that's soooo easy to remove and wash) are amazing. I ordered one and am planning on giving my Quest to my mom who watches DD full time or selling it. The canopy, standing fold, easy access basket, suspension and plush seat - and Uppa's customer service - sold me. Can't wait for my new stroller to come!!!
    Which color did you go with? Can you tell me more about the suspension...was it noticeable?...better than the Mac Quest which has no suspension? How does the rolling/steering compare to the Quest? Lastly, how do you think the reclining feature compares between the two models?...which one reclines further?...which one sits up more upright?...which reclining mechanism is easier/better?

I've narrowed my choices to the Quest and the Luxe but haven't decided between them so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMichelle View Post
    Which color did you go with? Can you tell me more about the suspension...was it noticeable?...better than the Mac Quest which has no suspension? How does the rolling/steering compare to the Quest? Lastly, how do you think the reclining feature compares between the two models?...which one reclines further?...which one sits up more upright?...which reclining mechanism is easier/better?

I've narrowed my choices to the Quest and the Luxe but haven't decided between them so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    The store I went to only had the Teal in stock - it was really pretty but I went out on a limb and ordered the Ani (orange) sight unseen. The sales guy told me it's a light orangey-yellow so I think it'll look nice and summery. Too bad it's not the same yellow as my Maya Vista...

The recline DOWN on the gluxe is easier - you just pinch the little clips together and pull them down on the strap. But the recline UP on the Quest is easier. I like that you can just push it up with your hands and it clicks into place. The gluxe is a little harder to do since you have to pinch the little clasp together and push up at the same time. As for depth of recline, the gluxe goes to 120 degrees. Is that the same as the Quest? It looks deeper than my Quest but don't quote me on that.

It was the windiest day in creation in DC yesterday so I did not take the stroller outside to test it but it seemed to glide indoors just like the Quest does. I noticed the suspension but the sales guy said it handles great outdoors and can easily be pushed one handed.

It's a mom and pop shop so they are very knowledgeable about their products. They showed me all these features like how to take the seat off and wash it (easier than the Quest and sooooo plush), great size cupholder attached, standing fold, rotating (!!!) canopy and that's BEFORE you extend the extra SPF 50 shade extender, basket is easier to access since the recline mechanism isn't blocking it like it is on the Quest, super easy extending legrest (my DD is tall enough now that she doesn't need the legrest extended up, but it still hangs down like the Quest so it's comfy and padded behind her knees and calves, new weight limit up to 50 lbs, tons of headroom, and while the fabric is more sporty/shiny than the Quest, it is treated with some sort of stain-blocker and it looks like it would be super easy to clean without fading - clean it with a soapy sponge, rinse with a hose and let it dry in the sun.

I'm OBSESSED with this new stroller!!! DH thinks it's ridiculous that I need a replacement for the Quest but I use an umbrella so often that I need it to be amazing and I'm sure he'll be sold on it once he tries it out. The Quest was fab for indoors and I didn't really mind the lack of suspension since it was pretty smooth outside, but I hated hated hated hated the sunshade.

Can't wait to report back when it comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mom to DD 8/09

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Jelly Bean - which store did you buy from? I'm also in the DC area and I didn't think there were any stores that carried it around here!

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Jelly Bean - which store did you buy from? I'm also in the DC area and I didn't think there were any stores that carried it around here!
    Baby Blossom in Fairfax. They are the only store in the area that I've found who carries the g-luxe.
    Mom to DD 8/09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast