Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Now the Pikkolo

Default Now the Pikkolo

I thought I wanted either the Ergo or the Gemini. After trying the Ergo, it was too hard to get the back buckle on. I haven't tried the Gemini yet, but I don't like that it has polyester. I just think it will be too hot. Isn't polyester not breathable?

Some people recommended the Pikkolo and it looks like a great carrier. It looks really easy to put on and I think it is 100% cotton. Anyone like their Pikkolo?
    DD 6/10

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I loooooove my Pikkolo. I used the Ergo with DD1 after 6 months, and DH does with DD2 as well. I tried on crl/Catherine's Pikkolo when my DD2 was a few weeks old and decided to try it out. I got it from frogmama.com and was happy with her shipping speed and assistance with the order. I've used it every day from maybe 6 weeks to now 9 months, and actually prefer it to the Ergo. It is more compact, breathable, and easy to throw into the diaper bag than the Ergo or Beco, and very pretty as well. It's basically a Mei Tai with buckles, so easy to use. Highly recommend it!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i got a Pikkolo when DS was about 5mos and loved using it. very easy to strap on and get DS in by myself. was pretty comfortable with the support belt (recommended for babies over 18lbs). i think i got mine from naturalmomgear, where i got the support belt for free. i loved wearing DS with it, came in very handy for air travel (going thru security) and for subway travel etc, and for holding DS whenever he got fussy (he would often fall asleep in it). i was able to nurse ds in it a few times too. my dh also was able to use the pikkolo (and put ds in himsel) and agreed it was relatively comfortable.

i only wish i could have used mine way more, i had to stop babywearing when DS was 8mos old bc i got pregnant with #2 and i had rotten morning sickness that made babywearing impossible/uncomfortable.

i should add, i used the Pikkolo for when my DS was 5 to 8 mos old, which corresponds to June - September (most of the summer) in Texas, aka the hottest most miserable weather imaginable. yet with the Pikkolo it was relatively lightweight and comfortable, i never felt DS got too sweaty/overheated in it or anything.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I need to get that waist strap. DD is about 17 lbs and I've always used it without. Does it help much?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ive only used the pikkolo with the support belt so I don't really have a comparison. But it was pretty comfortable to carry my 20lb ds with it.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firemama View Post
    I thought I wanted either the Ergo or the Gemini. After trying the Ergo, it was too hard to get the back buckle on. I haven't tried the Gemini yet, but I don't like that it has polyester. I just think it will be too hot. Isn't polyester not breathable?

Some people recommended the Pikkolo and it looks like a great carrier. It looks really easy to put on and I think it is 100% cotton. Anyone like their Pikkolo?
    If the Gemini has polyester, it's not in the body of the carrier, just the strap webbing:

http://quirkybaby.com/item_889/Beco-Gemini-Paige.html
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love my Pikkolo. I got it when DD was 6 weeks old or so and still going strong. I tried the Moby and a sling before I settled on the Pikkolo so I can't compare it to other soft structured carriers but I love it.
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

[QUOTE=lizzywednesday;3044377]If the Gemini has polyester, it's not in the body of the carrier, just the strap webbing:]

Here is the link from Beco's website saying the fill is 100% polyester:

http://www.becobabycarrier.com/cat-13/beco-Gemini
    DD 6/10

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

love love love my pikkolo!! I wear it all the time with DD2 and like PP said, soooo easy to toss in the diaper bag!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We didn't really take to babywearing, but I do like our Pikkolo. It's very easy to put on, get DC in and adjust.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast