Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Do you have a guest rooom?

Do you have a guest room? If so is it purely a guest room or a multipurpose room? if it's multipurpose what is the sleeping arrangement?

We have enough rooms that allows us to have a room fully dedicated to being a guest room. But it is the smallest bedroom and barely is large enough to squeeze in a queen bed and two small nightstands. We didn't want to use one of the bigger bedrooms because we rarely have guests.

It does have a walk-in closet that has a dresser in it, and that space also serves as my gift closet. I keep gifts for upcoming birthdays as well as wrapping paper, recycled gift bags, etc.

Yes. It is just a guest room right now. I am considering suggesting that we see about adding a desk to make it double as an office. But we have a queen in there and it is very small.

Catherine

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a guestroom but it has no furniture in it. Currently I have all the Christmas stuff in it and some baby gear. I really don't plan on furnishing it because I don't want to encourage overnight guests.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by justlearning View Post
    We have enough rooms that allows us to have a room fully dedicated to being a guest room. But it is the smallest bedroom and barely is large enough to squeeze in a queen bed and two small nightstands. We didn't want to use one of the bigger bedrooms because we rarely have guests.

It does have a walk-in closet that has a dresser in it, and that space also serves as my gift closet. I keep gifts for upcoming birthdays as well as wrapping paper, recycled gift bags, etc.

This is us too, almost exactly! Except we have one nightstand, and the dresser is in the room. But the large closet is our catch-all closet.

All of our family lives out of town, so when they visit they need a place to stay. We moved into this house, and one of my must haves was a designated guest bedroom. And we lucked out because there's a guest bathroom attached to the bedroom.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We had one in our previous house, but not this one. We had a finished attic so there was a bedroom, full bath and a family room. It was wonderful! Now our guests sleep in M's room when they visit and she sleeps with DH and me.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sort of, yes. DS2 sleeps in DS1's room. So we have DS2's room right now (at some point he will move back into his room I think. But we have a full size bed in that room and my sister and BIL stayed in it for several days over the holidays. It is a good size room. Right now that room holds DS2's clothes and geotrax but really it is not a highly used room at all (no one ever goes into it except for DS2's clothes). We also have an office on the second level (all other bedrooms for us are on the top level) which me and my parents use as an office but it has a pull out couch which isn't very comfy but is a good guest room for a night or 2.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post
    I have a guestroom but it has no furniture in it. Currently I have all the Christmas stuff in it and some baby gear. I really don't plan on furnishing it because I don't want to encourage overnight guests.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our playroom doubles as the guest room. There is a futon for sleeping, a TV and my dad can hang up his suits next to my daughter's princess dresses.

ETA- There is a full bathroom right next to the room that guests share with the girls.
    Last edited by ellies mom; 02-17-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Laurel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our "playroom" is a bedroom with a full bath attached that we use for guests- we have a blow-up mattress that we bring out. We don't have overnight guests often enough to dedicate the room full time, but I dream of having a beautiful girly guest room someday.
    Laurel

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast