DD1 woke up Thursday AM with a decent fever (101.1) and coughing. I did give her some ibuprofen, but she spent most of the day feeling mostly OK. DH came home. I went to work. DH did not give her any ibuprofen before bed. She woke up about 45 minutes ago and her temp was back up to 102.4. So I'm staying up until her temperature goes back down to a reasonable level and she's sleeping more comfortably.

Anyway.

I emailed her teacher earlier about unrelated things, and she mentioned in her reply that I should consider having DD1 tested for strep because it's been going around the school and some of her classmates have been out for it in the last few days. However, DD1 *insists* that her throat doesn't hurt, she doesn't "feel sick", just that her legs feel like jelly, she hates coughing, and she's hot.

I don't want to drag her into the pediatrician's office to pick up more germs if it's not necessary, but I also don't want her spending the weekend miserable with strep if she's got it. Can you have strep with no sore throat?

WWYD?

Sarah