Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help me choose baby gift for co-worker!

My bosses daughter (who I've never met) is having a baby. They are having a little shower for my boss as it's her first grandchild. Looking to spend around $25, please help me pick a gift. FYI I was able to find that she's registered at Pottery Barn and BRU although other than a Boppy there was really nothing much in my price range. Here's some ideas I had:
    -Happiest Baby on the Block DVD & something else (Is this a weird gift for someone you don't know?)
    -Miracle Blanket
    -Various fav board books
    -Cloud B sheep and a bedtime book

Let me know what you think of those ideas or feel free to add any of your own! Help is needed and appreciated!

J

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would NOT do the DVD. I got a couple of those kinds of things for baby gifts and they never got watched.

I like the idea of the Cloud Sheep and a bedtime book (I'd get Sandra Boynton's Pajama Time because of how much fun we've had with that one) -- or really, anything you found really useful along with a short note of how much you enjoyed it.

The Cloud Sheep/Turtle/etc are the types of things I always wanted for my kid but could never quite find the money to justify purchasing. I'm getting one for my 2nd child for this reason.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Robeez are another idea. I always get the 6 to 12 month size.

Catherine

At my shower for DS1, someone got him a little tote bag with "Going to Grandma's" monogrammed on the front. It was really cute (and he still uses it), and as he was my mom's first grandchild, she really appreciated it. Might get some brownie points with your boss.

On a practical level though, I'd go with the Miracle Blanket. Those things are worth their weight in gold, and people often feel like $30 is too much to spend on a blanket, so they won't buy one for themselves.
    Last edited by JoyNChrist; 02-18-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Of your choices I like the cloud b sheep (or other animal) and bedtime book.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Robeez are another idea. I always get the 6 to 12 month size.

Catherine
    I love giving Robeez, but good luck finding anything cute right now, there isn't much and they aren't nearly as cute as they were a couple of years ago. Also FWIW Nordstrom has a better price on them than some of the online stores.

Another option would be to go in as a group and get a Pack N Play for your boss to keep at their house for when the baby comes over.

I also loved the Miracle Blanket.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Myluvbugs View Post
    My bosses daughter (who I've never met) is having a baby. They are having a little shower for my boss as it's her first grandchild. Looking to spend around $25, please help me pick a gift.
    Let me know what you think of those ideas or feel free to add any of your own! Help is needed and appreciated!

J
    It sounds to me like the shower is for an excited grandma. I would choose things that grandma would enjoy / use.

I would go with a
    engraved picture frame
    books to read at grandmas
    toys to keep at grandmas
    booster seat / travel high chair (we use the healthy care and it's about $25)

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would get grandma-related board books.

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like the sound of the Cloud B Sheep, the tote with Going to Grandma's, and Robeez. These are all things I wouldn't have gotten for myself but are nice as gifts cuz they aren't "useless" if you know what I mean. Another thing I liked for my kids were a Mobi Tykelight.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGal View Post
    Another thing I liked for my kids were a Mobi Tykelight.
    We just got one for Lula's room and she LOVES it. Heck, I love it. She watches it cycle through the rainbow as she falls asleep.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast