Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My girls have shared a bed (a queen because that is what we had) It is turned so they sleep the short way and have plenty of space between them (it is plenty long enough for them). However, they have started complaining about it.

The inlaws have twin bunks that can be separated that they are insisting we take. I am going to try to L shape them, but our space is so tiny I don't know if they will fit.

I like the idea of a trundle bed.

Sorry, I don't have a good answer, just commiserating!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I thought most bunks come with warnings that bunks are not appropriate for children under 6??

So yeah I'd also be concerned about bunks. We have a smallish bedroom too (11 by 11) and plan to do the L-shape arrangement.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I am thinking about getting two of the Ikea Kura. Does anyone anywhere know the height between the floor and the bottom of the bed? If anyone has the Kura and could measure for me I'd be very thankful. We may go to Ikea this weekend but it's a couple hours away so I really want to think this through ahead of time. I keep googling and can't believe I cannot find this info...
    I don't have but looking at it online it says its 4 feet tall and if you look at the end it has 4 equal slat things so just a guess I would say that its 3 feet under it.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    I don't have but looking at it online it says its 4 feet tall and if you look at the end it has 4 equal slat things so just a guess I would say that its 3 feet under it.
    Thank you! That did not occur to me, but seems so obvious now. That definitely helps me.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I thought most bunks come with warnings that bunks are not appropriate for children under 6??
    Yes, that's true. The mylar bed does seem a lot lower when we looked at it IRL than most bunks, and my kids are very careful so I was kind of torn at first. The kura beds are much lower though, so I'm not uncomfortable with them at all.

What about having a twin bed which is part of a bunk and having both twins sleep on it, one on the headboard side and one on the footboard side. When they are a little older you can put the bunk. They might actually like it. One of my friends did that infor her twin boys when they were in New York because of space and they loved to sleep together.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My friends with daughters (just 2 yrs. apart, older is newly 5, and the girl will be 3 in April) have the bunk bed from Ikea and they really like it. They have it in a small room too.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Too cute!

FYI - I clicked on the actual photo just to enlarge it (to look at the beds) and it took me to your whole slideshow. I didn't look at all your pics, but you might want to fix the photo so it isn't a link like that.

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    Too cute!

FYI - I clicked on the actual photo just to enlarge it (to look at the beds) and it took me to your whole slideshow. I didn't look at all your pics, but you might want to fix the photo so it isn't a link like that.
    Thanks, I am pretty sure they are all photos I have shared here, but no I didn't intend to do that!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3