Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default City Mini infant seat adapter or Graco Snuglider?

With DS we had a Graco Snuglider for our stroller with our Graco Safeseat infant bucket and we LOVED it. We got rid of it when he was 13 months old because we were moving and did not want to pay to move it. We bought the Baby Jogger City Mini in June 2008 and decided to move that stroller instead because we LOVE it and it had a longer lifespan with our kid.

Fast forward. New baby is due on DS's 4th birthday. We still have the Safeseat. It is not expired so we will be using it. I have seen 2 or 3 City Minis around that have the infant seat ON the stroller.

So, do we buy another Graco Snuglider to use with the Safeseat and store the City Mini for another year? (cheaper since it can be purchased on Craigslist) or do we get the City Mini Car Seat Adapter (Multi Models) and not have to find room to store the City Mini, but keep it in use?

Our older child would only need to sit in a stroller if we went on an all day trip like to the zoo or something -- and I suspect if we did that one of us would end up carrying the baby while he sat in the City Mini (And we'd take the car seat adapter off because hopefully baby would be old enough to cope by then)

Ideas as to which is better? the Car seat adapter is only a LITTLE more expensive. Does it have issues we need to be aware of?
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

The adapter works fine. For longer outings I would suggest just laying the baby into the stroller fully reclined or using a baby carrier like the moby or Beco. Its best that babies not remain in the car seat for long durations.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyloxs View Post
    The adapter works fine. For longer outings I would suggest just laying the baby into the stroller fully reclined or using a baby carrier like the moby or Beco. Its best that babies not remain in the car seat for long durations.
    Thank you for your advice

I am completely comfortable with how long my babies are in the infant seat and have made the mommy decision to continue to use them.
    Last edited by vonfirmath; 02-24-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

If you are really committed to using a car seat as your *only* stroller for your baby then I would get the snap n go rather than the car seat adaptor. I think the snap n go will be lighter with a larger basket and I think you have to remove the car seat adaptor to fold the BJCM, which kind of ruins the easy fold. But the BJCM will have better steering, of course, and if you take the skins off of it then it will make the basket accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    If you are really committed to using a car seat as your *only* stroller for your baby then I would get the snap n go rather than the car seat adaptor. I think the snap n go will be lighter with a larger basket and I think you have to remove the car seat adaptor to fold the BJCM, which kind of ruins the easy fold. But the BJCM will have better steering, of course, and if you take the skins off of it then it will make the basket accessible.
    Hrms. I had not thought about this. How hard is it to remove the car seat adaptor? That would be a pain.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    Hrms. I had not thought about this. How hard is it to remove the car seat adaptor? That would be a pain.
    not bad actually, you snap it off and snap on the canopy.

As much as I loved my Mac Easy Traveler, given your space constraints and that your older DC might want to ride sometimes, I would probably just get the carseat adapter. I also wasn't stressed about using carseats as strollers, but it would be nice to have the option with your BJCM.
    Mom to DD 8/09

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would get the adapter for the BJCM. That is what I plan on doing for a future DC. I sold my Snugrider, because I didn't want to use it again for another child-- too tempting to leave them in the carseat too much. With the carseat adapter, you can pop the carseat in for quick in & out trips, but have the option to easily remove the adapter and put the baby in the reclined stroller for longer excursions.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14