Thread: width of BJCMD

Default width of BJCMD

does anyone know the width of the city mini DOUBLE? it is the only double I have access to to see what I can fit through my apartment door to make sure the AT strollers will fit. (long story)

thanks!
    mommy to the loves of my life ds (Oct. 2008) and dd (Aug. 2011)

Everything I've read says 29". More info here: http://www.peppyparents.com/servlet/...ty-Mini/Detail
    Last edited by Pyrodjm; 03-07-2011 at 10:54 PM.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You know the city mini is not an A/T, right?

I would recommend measuring it while you test it.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Bootsie is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have a 2011 downstairs and measured it. Most points are 28 inches wide. I decided to take a measurement from what might look like the widest part and selected the top where the canopies, which I kept folded, round a bit. That part is wider because of the rounding of the canopies and the extra fabric that sits against the frame. That part measured about 30.5 inches, but I think it is due to the bulk of the canopies - and the fabric there is not rigid and will compress -- in other words, I don't have 30.5 inches of bulk to get through a door, I don't think. So I think the sites that say that BJCMD measures 29 inches at its widest point are probably pretty accurate. HTH!

thanks everyone! yes, i know its not an AT stroller, but it is the only one that I can test through my door. I figured that if it is 29 inches (like the bumbleride/valco etc) and I can get it through the door than I won't have a problem with whatever stroller I chose. That makes sense right?
    mommy to the loves of my life ds (Oct. 2008) and dd (Aug. 2011)