Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

awesome!

thsi needs to be made a sticky post!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks OP.
    Something else to note what is helpful about Amazon - it is tax free (for most states) - so the dollars can add up on that too depending on what you buy.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahrimie View Post
    I already pay for Prime and just tried to sign up... but it seemed like I would have to cancel my paid Prime but could get refunded for the remaining months...?? Should I just keep my paid Prime or do the Amazon Mom? My account runs out in May anyway.

ETA: I rechecked and I opted to keep my Prime... you can change your mind either way if you already paid for it. You just have to email customer service. I guess I'll think about it again when it comes time to renew... by then, I'll be 9 months preggo so I could probably cancel my paid Prime and just do Amazon Mom. Thank you SO much for this!! I was wondering what all the hype was!
    I elected to cancel my paid subscription and am happy with my decision. I have been able to max out my extension through amazon mom (12 months) simply by ordering diapers. The refund for the unused portion of my paid membership was a nice unexpected bonus.

I note however, that amazon currently is allowing free unlimited movie streaming for paid prime members which may be worth having a paid membership for you.

Thanks OP! It is a great summary that I have already passed on to some friends.

Hi. I'm a little confused about how the Subscribe and Save works. Hope you don't mind if I ask a question here. I finally joined Amazon Mom a couple months ago and used S&S to order Pampers Baby Dry Size 5 dipes. Great. I got notification after a month that the next order would be ready to ship, but we were not ready for diapers yet, so I said I wanted to defer my shipment. I just logged on because we actually need them now it said my order was already placed on February 17 (and I guess my credit card was charged?) and was not due to be shipped till mid-March. I don't remember authorizing the order or receiving the invoice by e-mail. Is this just done automatically and I don't even receive notification? I assumed if I deferred shipment I would not be charged until I authorized the next shipment. I guess that is not the case? I also thought I could simply log on and authorize the order and shipment whenever I was ready for it. But is that not true, either? I thought I navigated at one point to a page that allowed me to "manage the frequency of my subscription" or something like that. How do I get back to that page? Thanks! Guess I should stop being lazy and go read all the fine print about the program.
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfirsttimemom View Post
    Hi. I'm a little confused about how the Subscribe and Save works. Hope you don't mind if I ask a question here. I finally joined Amazon Mom a couple months ago and used S&S to order Pampers Baby Dry Size 5 dipes. Great. I got notification after a month that the next order would be ready to ship, but we were not ready for diapers yet, so I said I wanted to defer my shipment. I just logged on because we actually need them now it said my order was already placed on February 17 (and I guess my credit card was charged?) and was not due to be shipped till mid-March. I don't remember authorizing the order or receiving the invoice by e-mail. Is this just done automatically and I don't even receive notification? I assumed if I deferred shipment I would not be charged until I authorized the next shipment. I guess that is not the case? I also thought I could simply log on and authorize the order and shipment whenever I was ready for it. But is that not true, either? I thought I navigated at one point to a page that allowed me to "manage the frequency of my subscription" or something like that. How do I get back to that page? Thanks! Guess I should stop being lazy and go read all the fine print about the program.
    Are you sure you were charged? Per amazon policy:
    When do I pay for my Subscribe & Save order?
    You pay for subscription items only as they are shipped. For each shipment, we will charge your credit card for the price of the item at the time the shipment is processed less the Subscribe & Save discount, plus any applicable sales tax.

When you sign up for S&S, you select an interval and items will be ordered/shipped automatically. I normally get an email when a shipment is coming up. If it has not shipped (or is not in the process of being shipped), you should be able to cancel the order. To manage your subscriptions, go to your account (upper right corner of page) and then select Manage Subscribe & Save Items. If you need an item sooner than what you signed up for, you can elect to have a shipment now and opt to keep or bump forward your next shipment.

HTH!

How do you use the coupon codes with S&S items? I still don't quite get it. It doesn't take me to the standard checkout page; it has its own checkout page of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by sansdieu View Post
    How do you use the coupon codes with S&S items? I still don't quite get it. It doesn't take me to the standard checkout page; it has its own checkout page of sorts.
    yes, on the top right it shows the price breakdown. on the bottom right you can enter coupon codes. when you successfully enter a code, it'll show you in the price breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    Are you sure you were charged? Per amazon policy:
    When do I pay for my Subscribe & Save order?
    You pay for subscription items only as they are shipped. For each shipment, we will charge your credit card for the price of the item at the time the shipment is processed less the Subscribe & Save discount, plus any applicable sales tax.

When you sign up for S&S, you select an interval and items will be ordered/shipped automatically. I normally get an email when a shipment is coming up. If it has not shipped (or is not in the process of being shipped), you should be able to cancel the order. To manage your subscriptions, go to your account (upper right corner of page) and then select Manage Subscribe & Save Items. If you need an item sooner than what you signed up for, you can elect to have a shipment now and opt to keep or bump forward your next shipment.

HTH!
    Thanks! I was able to place the new order and change the shipment date. I still don't know if I was charged for that other date, though. Will have to keep an eye on my credit card bill, I guess.
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

Thanks for explaining the YT and YJ thing! I was wondering about that!

Technically, Amazon is NOT tax free for residents of most states.

CNN just ran an article about online purchases and paying taxes. "Because of two decades-old Supreme Court decisions, a state cannot require "remote sellers" -- any business without a physical presence in that state -- to collect and remit sales tax. Despite this, sales tax is still due in most states, and it's the purchaser's responsibility to pay it."

Admittedly, calculating and collecting taxes from online purchases under the current legislation is an onerous process. However, that may change in the future, especially if the Main Street Fairness Act passes.

Here's the link to the full article if you'd like more information:
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/02/....html?hpt=Sbin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast