Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mctlaw View Post
    Just saw your update - I hear the underarms are one of the most painful areas! Not trying to scare you...just something to be aware of. I grit my teeth and get through the legs but the bony areas around the ankles just kill. At least the underarm area is relatively small. GL!
    Uh oh Hopefully I can do it! Thanks for the heads up - maybe I'll take some advil before I go.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    Are you only doing two treatments per area or did I misunderstand? Everywhere I've read says you need 3-6 treatments per area for lasting effects. Maybe that's not true and I can do two different areas with what I bought!
    Oops, maybe I wasn't clear...I got four Groupons to do four different areas (underarms, bikini and both lower legs). Each area gets six treatments.

I've only done one treatment so far, and I see a big difference, but will definitely need more.
    DS1 3/02
    DS2 2/09

Quote Originally Posted by sansdieu View Post
    That's why God made swim shorts! We go to the pool a couple of times a week, and I'd be covered with bumps and ingrowns, had it not been for shorts!
    Or swim skirts! I own two including one just to cover my one-piece suit so that I don't have to shave. Using DH's clippers on the bikini area works better than shaving, reduces the itchiness and ingrown hairs. Generally, I'm happy with the swim skirt solution and when I'm not, I use the clippers.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Of course I didn't see this thread until I just bought a Groupon for 3 treatments. Is that enough for a bikini line? I read several sites that said 3 to 4, but now I'm reading 6.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Eyebrows/lip/sides of face: threading, every 3 weeks or so
    Legs/Underarm: shave every day
    Bikini: shave when i need to

I wish I could do laser but I have a dark complexion and I've heard that lasers don't work on darker skin tones.

Default Combo

I shave my legs and have finished 6 txs of lasering for my underarms and bikini area. Highly recommend the laser tx. It is pricey but I always broke out really bad after shaving the bikini area and would forget to shave my underarms only to be headed out in the hot summer with a tank or bathing suit and need to run back in to address the isssue!

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Eyebrows: waxed for special occasions, otherwise I tweeze daily
    armpits: shave daily
    bikini line: shave daily
    legs: shave daily

I have done leg waxing but it just doesn't take off enough hair in my case. My leg hair is thick, dark and very coarse. I find by shaving daily (armpits and bikini area in the shower and legs once out) that I save time and am able to keep the hairy beast at bay (if I even go every other day I wear out razors very fast b/c my hair is so thick and coarse. by doing it daily it goes much faster and the razor lasts longer).

I have never considered laser removal. If I did it I would want it done to pits, bikini area, legs and my big toe (yes, my big toe has a hair tuft that I shave daily as well--again thick).

I should thank my father's genes for my thick coarse body hair (and DS will be thanking him soon b/c the boy is a gorilla already at 6).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3