Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have grass.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zoestargrove View Post
    I'll throw this out there since this might be another alternative - while we've used our playset a LOT, I'd have to say if I compared the number hours played with versus the dollars spent our extra large sandbox was a better value.
    I think this is a great idea. Our nephews had a huge sandbox, I believe it was just a large swimming pool that they used as a sandbox, my memory is fuzzy, but it was really cool and they LOVED it.

We have grass under our swingset. As do all our neighbors. The most "popular" swingset with all the nearby kids (who roam fairly freely in a 6-7 house line up and down the block during the summer evenings) is the plain jane one with just two swings that the dad built for like $50. Inexplicable given some of the options, but there you go. The cheapy one that is on it's fourth owners (keeps getting sold when people move) is next because it has a low set of monkey bars that the 5-6 year olds love.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

See, I like the sand idea, but our neighborhood has tons of feral cats (our neighbor feeds them- ugh- don't get me started) it would be like a huge litterbox.

Pea Gravel. My daughter fell from 5-6' a year ago (and I was RIGHT THERE and couldn't catch her)...she had scrapes.

If we had only had grass, SOMETHING would have broken.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

rubber mulch. They love to dig in it, and it comes off the socks/shoes easily.

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have playground mulch under our swing set....however many inches is recommended. And then DH edged around it to help keep it out of the grass.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

brismom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

rubber mulch for us. regular mulch and sand were not an option due to the free to roam the neighborhood cats out there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2