Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks, all. Still need to get some "cheap" tanks. Haven't checked out Target. Not a bad idea. Didn't find much at Old Navy. I now have a few dreses. They weren't cheap, but I will probably just wear them to dinner, so I am not concerned about them getting sandy/dirty. I have one other that is good for the beach.

I bought a turquouise straw hat that goes with my swim suits. It's not the cowboy style (which I see everywhere this year) but a bit bigger and floppier. Hopefully, I can fit it in my suitcase. Are those "out" this year? Looks something this, but not quite as round on top. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=720
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I really like the hat. Not too wide brimmed, IMO, just right. For tanks, I noticed that the ON lace trimmed v-necks are realllly low. I need to adjust the straps somehow so it won't go so low.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Love the hat! Will be great sun protection.

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

FWIW, Hawaii is VERY casual. Shorts, t-shirts/casual blouses, slippers (flip flops) are the standard uniform for most locals for every day wear.

Thanks again. I know it's very casual, but we probably will be going out to some nice dinners (thus the need for some cute--not necessarily fancy--dresses).

My Athleta "sidekick" dress arrived today, and I just love it. Colors are much prettier in person than in the photo, fit is nice (not too long, which is unusual for me at 5'2" and very comfortable). I think I can dress it up with a necklace and nice shoes or wear it very casual with flip flops. : )
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2