I've been stalking Craigslist since we moved into our house the fall of 2007 for a kitchen table and chairs, and have never found anything. Our CL is all outdated wicker table and chair sets or the kind with naugahyde chairs on wheels.

The reason after three and a half years I'm finally in a hurry to buy a new table is that I want to buy DS a Tripp Trapp and want to buy it to match the table.

I have searched IKEA and Costplus World Market and lots of other places, and I just can't find what I need. Preferable walnut or cherry, and I would consider ebony to match my black/burn bjursta buffet from IKEA. I want square approximately 44" x 44" with an option to make larger with leaves. I'm okay with a good quality laminate b/c I don't want to spend a fortune.

I want something simple, clean lines, regular height. Our house has a slight mid-century modern feel, but nothing too dramatic. I have seen similar threads on here where others have posted exactly what OP needed, and I'm hoping for some BBB magic! I'm ready for a new table (and a TT ;-) ).