Default Help Me Find a Kitchen Table

I've been stalking Craigslist since we moved into our house the fall of 2007 for a kitchen table and chairs, and have never found anything. Our CL is all outdated wicker table and chair sets or the kind with naugahyde chairs on wheels.

The reason after three and a half years I'm finally in a hurry to buy a new table is that I want to buy DS a Tripp Trapp and want to buy it to match the table.

I have searched IKEA and Costplus World Market and lots of other places, and I just can't find what I need. Preferable walnut or cherry, and I would consider ebony to match my black/burn bjursta buffet from IKEA. I want square approximately 44" x 44" with an option to make larger with leaves. I'm okay with a good quality laminate b/c I don't want to spend a fortune.

I want something simple, clean lines, regular height. Our house has a slight mid-century modern feel, but nothing too dramatic. I have seen similar threads on here where others have posted exactly what OP needed, and I'm hoping for some BBB magic! I'm ready for a new table (and a TT ;-) ).
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This isn't square - it's rectangular, but it comes in black or deep walnut and has a 18" leaf.
    This is square and comes in walnut or black, but doesn't expand.
    This is square but doesn't expand, and is in a dark honey or deep java finish.

Good luck! This is a tough one!
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

Have you looked at Overstock.com?
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Thank you for those suggestions! The first one I love, but it won't fit, the second one isn't quite right, and the CB table I have been considering for a while. I just don't want to pay that much (including cost of chairs) for something that isn't quite right. I don't know why this is so hard!

And yes, I have been checking Overstock to no avail. I do like the prices on there!

Last night DS took off the tray on his Chicco Polly all by himself and threw across the room. I really need a Tripp Trapp, just hate to invest in something that might not match whatever table we get eventually. I hate furniture shopping!
    Last edited by Claki; 03-18-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)