Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

As a child, my mom moved my December birthday celebration toJ June a couple of times. Most memorably for a pool party. I loved it! But most years we just made the time to celebrate in the month of December with smaller parties usually.

I don't have a problem going to a half birthday party and bringing gifts, singing happy birthday, etc. It's about celebrating the birth and specialness of the individual and to me the day it's celebrated doesn't matter as much. That said, if you feel awkward about the half birthday, I'd probably just postpone the friend celebration a couple of weeks or a month later. People understand.
    K

The other thing about my dd's Christmas birthday--no one forgets her birthday. Her gifts from extended family all arrive w/the Christmas gifts, so they're always on time.

My child with an October birthday is not so lucky. This last year she noticed that she had fewer presents. Considering the fact that my MIL can't remember her birthday and my sister sent her gift late, she was totally right.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DD was born Christmas eve and we have been trying to decide what to do. Many people have suggested the half birthday idea, but I am not sure. Interesting thread, came at a good time for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3